Partner s65 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1375619cm3

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Thanks to a member here I received a ipl for the s65 but it shows that there is 2 rings on the piston and I double checked mine and it only has 1 grove for a ring is this the correct ipl or is my saw a uncommon variation. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Cody McM

Lots of variations in these saws. Also to be found are open and closed port clinders and coil variations. One commonality is they are all very good saws and worth keeping.

Well, there was a reduction in the max power spec. of the S65, vs. the pro Versions, like the R420 - so it may well have come with an open port cylinder.
As those are old saws, the top ends of some of them could of course be changed to anything that will fit - you never know! :msp_wink:

Thanks to a member here I received a ipl for the s65 but it shows that there is 2 rings on the piston and I double checked mine and it only has 1 grove for a ring is this the correct ipl or is my saw a uncommon variation. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Cody McM

All of the Semi-Pro 65cc Partner saws that I have had were single ring pistons. The multi-purpose saws and Pro versions were double ring pistons. Do not remember the port types but was never disappointed with a good running 65cc Partner.

Ok well I'm looking for a piston ring for it does anyone know the part number or have a single ring ipl?

Ok well I'm looking for a piston ring for it does anyone know the part number or have a single ring ipl?

All of the ones I have and have encountered have been standard 1.5mm x 48mm rings, whether on one or two ring pistons.
Measure yours to be sure and just get a Caber from one of our sponsors.

I run into that size on so many different saws, that I keep some 'in stock' just for my own use...

Thanks guys that helps ill go that route upon further inspection my piston might be shot its got some scaring w some drag marks as well but I'm not sure if its useable or not ill post some pictures of it tomorrow.
Cody mcm

Here's the pictures of my piston. What ya think is it salvageable or useable? I don't thinks so but I do know.
Cody mcm

qyzydaby.jpg

As others have said, they's a lot of variations in those. Cant positively say, but that kinda looks like the single ring dome top piston in the picture. They have a slight crown on the piston crown instead of being flat top. They did come both ways though I believe.

I don't think those pistons are still available. I believe you can take a 365 special piston and put it in there with a little bit of machine work. They are single ring pistons too.

As others have said, they's a lot of variations in those. Cant positively say, but that kinda looks like the single ring dome top piston in the picture. They have a slight crown on the piston crown instead of being flat top. They did come both ways though I believe.

You are correct it is a single ringed dome top piston.

That's what I figured as well the piston was shot.

Since this saw was given to me I see no reason to put a bunch of money into it so I guess ss if anyone needs some parts off it let me know. Other than that ill put it back on the shelf till maybe ill come accross a donor parts saw with a good p-c in it.

Thanks guys for all the help and opinions.

Cody mcm

Bump up this thread.
Did anyone replace a piston in Partner 65cc older saw (S65, R420, F65)?
Does anyone have original piston for this saw. I need some measurements.
Need to replace mine that is not original (currently H61 piston installed) but H365 piston might be a better option.
Would need some machine work on top of piston and on skirts.

Any better suggestions?

Latest posts

Back