Pays to check Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trimmmed

B?rgermeister
Reaction score
This from a Fox news page,

Stolen Tools Bought Back on eBay
Sunday, March 06, 2005

ARCHIVE
•Stolen Tools Bought Back on eBay
An Indiana carpenter had his tools stolen but later found them — up for sale on eBay.

"What I ended up doing was actually purchasing some of my tools so I could receive them and prove that they were mine," John Guichelaar told WRTV-TV of Indianapolis.

Police raided the garage of Christopher Lamont Hayden last Monday, finding thousands of dollars' worth of tools, allegedly stolen in perhaps 100 burglaries.

"This is the first case we ever had where stolen property was solicited [on the Internet]," said Indianapolis police Detective Martha Richardson, "and we had serial numbers to get the identification marks."

Guichelaar told the TV station he spent a week checking local pawn shops after his tools were stolen, but then decided to check the Internet.

Indianapolis pawn shops (search) are required to write down serial numbers and take thumb prints from sellers, the TV station said, but eBay, where Hayden had apparently been trading since 2001, has no such rules.

Latest posts

Back