PE Summit or BK King?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$700 in one month? WOW.
I burn wood in a large stove centrally located in the basement (Drolet HT2000) and also burn Wood pellets in a stove on the main living level (Envirofire Evolution) and I use about $900 worth of heat for the whole heating season. That for like 3 months plus.
Although firewood prices keeps going up every year.

Yeah, tell me about it! Deadly combo of a huge house, drafty builder-grade windows, and electric heat pumps that really struggle once the temps drop into the teens.

Perhaps due to our houses being fairly well sealed/insulated and generally not overly large? An average sized 3bed/2bath house around here is around 1300-1800 sq ft.

I chose the Princess mostly because my house is fairly small (1400 sq ft) and I didn't want to take up the entire living room with a stove.

Woops, the king model requires an 8" flue and burns for 40 hours on low. The smaller princess model that I have is "only" rated for 30 hours and uses a 6" flue. Additionally, both stoves can be burned hotter with reduced burn times but still with superior efficiency. A wide range of available output. According to BK, the smaller princess model outsells the King model 10:1 in Alaska. Weird.

For reference, here was the starting point...builder grade propane fireplace with dated oak and granite surround/hearth.

8fa866927c20b2e60915c03318a526ac.jpg

You know what's nuts? I had that exact same color carpet, walls are the same color, windows AND blinds (which I put in) are the same, same trim work... pretty much exactly the same as my house, though I don't have a fireplace! Looks like 9ft ceiling too?
My house was about about 8 years ago.

You know what's nuts? I had that exact same color carpet, walls are the same color, windows AND blinds (which I put in) are the same, same trim work... pretty much exactly the same as my house, though I don't have a fireplace! Looks like 9ft ceiling too?
My house was about about 8 years ago.

This place is a 2004 model, but came with a lot of fixtures and designs that were from at lest a decade earlier. Builder must've got a great deal at some point!

Back