Pennsylvania GTG MAY 3rd 2014!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I,m from York Co and have a camp in Perry Co. I will try to make it. What size and type wood is needed? If I brought a few logs I'd want to take most of it along home in 18" pieces.

I've got 20 acres of woods so I ask what you want? I won't cut a nice lumber tree down for fire wood but I've got a variety of species and sizes of crooked or dying stuff that needs cutting and burning so what is desired? I burn in an OWB and go through a bunch so this spring I'll be cutting for next year and could bring some up.

Well, we would like to get some big diameter wood and I am sure we would have the saws to cut whatever you can bring up!
I've got 20 acres of woods so I ask what you want? I won't cut a nice lumber tree down for fire wood but I've got a variety of species and sizes of crooked or dying stuff that needs cutting and burning so what is desired? I burn in an OWB and go through a bunch so this spring I'll be cutting for next year and could bring some up.

OH YOU KILLIN MY DEER HAHAH JK. I have family that hunts there too. I hunt the YMCA:)
Not this past year but for about the past 15 years we've gone up there the first day. Last deer that we killed we was nice 7 point. I've seen bear up there shot one. Did wack a coyote a couple years back though.

I spend every day out at the YMCA in the summer I am a lifeguard at the pool and I camp and fish there. My pap has been there for 45+ years now.

how many people do u expext to show up to this event? are u going to have like cut off matchs between saws or what really goes on at this? it sounds like it may b something me and a group of guys down my way would def enjoy. we like messing with saws and trying to beat one another.

how many people do u expext to show up to this event? are u going to have like cut off matchs between saws or what really goes on at this? it sounds like it may b something me and a group of guys down my way would def enjoy. we like messing with saws and trying to beat one another.
Some race. Some don't. Some just point and laugh.
Everybody kicks in some money to the host.
Handle and use saws you think you HAVE to have and change your mind.
Get to run larger saws. At the owner invite.
I'll say it again. At owner invite.
Like at a gun show. You ask. Listen and watch and learn a lot.
Make friends.
Bring hip boots. Has gets deep!! Lol

Will directions or an address be posted or sent? I've never been to GTG specializing in chainsaws but it sounds neat.
yes, everybody will know where their going...
we got 3 months to gather some wood..
also, someone mentioned about bringing firewood logs,,,that won't be necessary cause i'll have plenty of that if guys wanna make longer cookies..
the biggest challenge is gonna be the BIG wood.....

yes, everybody will know where their going...
we got 3 months to gather some wood..
also, someone mentioned about bringing firewood logs,,,that won't be necessary cause i'll have plenty of that if guys wanna make longer cookies..
the biggest challenge is gonna be the BIG wood.....
Have you got any leads on big wood?

Latest posts

Back