Pennsylvania GTG MAY 3rd 2014!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R-is-for-Pirate.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm really looking forward to this. I joined this forum when woodchipper posted on FF about this GTG and never introduced myself so here's a quickie, 62 yr old retired machinist that lives on a farm and heats with wood in an OWB, Stihl 041FB, 044, and 261 all bought new and all stock. I never gave a thought to modding a saw until I joined here and now I'm afraid you guys will cost me some bucks but I do enjoy good equipment. Hope you don't mind grey haired bearded dudes asking about your saws.

Oh please, I'm only 18 and have been going bold since I was 15.... I wont have hair to see gray on top! Now, my beard that'll probably see gray someday! :laugh:
look at that!!!!DSCF3059.JPG

I'm really looking forward to this. I joined this forum when woodchipper posted on FF about this GTG and never introduced myself so here's a quickie, 62 yr old retired machinist that lives on a farm and heats with wood in an OWB, Stihl 041FB, 044, and 261 all bought new and all stock. I never gave a thought to modding a saw until I joined here and now I'm afraid you guys will cost me some bucks but I do enjoy good equipment. Hope you don't mind grey haired bearded dudes asking about your saws.
Never trust 62 year old bearded machinists!!!
Wait a minute.........
I'll be the other one to fit that description.
How will they tell us apart????

worked on the "big"log today.put a 25"bar on the ms361.still not big enough and not pretty but we got it sawed. sorry don't know why my pics show up like they do. thats my dad filing on the 361. "it ain't cutting right"and my brother running my 036. and the log 49" at the small end and 83" where it started to branch.just gotta figure out how to get it to showrguys place.

Attachments

• 2014-04-0510.27.20.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 2014-04-0510.27.25.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 2014-04-0512.26.55.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 2014-04-0512.26.34.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 32
If it's 8' or less long it could be rolled up the ramps on a beavertail deckover trailer but it will take a good winch or a tractor with FEL.

Latest posts

Back