Performance/porting questions on new (first time) build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagle1899

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I recently put together a Chinese Husky 372. Parts are cheap and I figure if I screwed up I would not be out a lot. Well turns out it runs! Pretty good actually.
I did a very basic woods port on the jug (no timing changes) and deleted the base gasket. Ended up with about 0.028 squish.

My question is the piston skirt at TDC hangs down into the intake port. Now if I thinking right... If I were to remove the hang down this would do two things - advance intake timing and increase duration.

This would be a good thing right????

Here's how we mod all them chinese saws...

51dac6bbc9189.image.jpg

I recently put together a Chinese Husky 372. Parts are cheap and I figure if I screwed up I would not be out a lot. Well turns out it runs! Pretty good actually.
I did a very basic woods port on the jug (no timing changes) and deleted the base gasket. Ended up with about 0.028 squish.

My question is the piston skirt at TDC hangs down into the intake port. Now if I thinking right... If I were to remove the hang down this would do two things - advance intake timing and increase duration.

This would be a good thing right????
Sounds good, quick question how much did it run you and would you mind a pic or two.

I wish I had taken more pics. I did more work on the ports than the pictures show. Starts great and tunes easy. I'll know more after this weekend. I have my MS460 to compare it to.

Those new ones do not seem to shake everything off the walls in the house when you pull in the garage ,like the ones they made 45 years ago .

Back