"permission to trespass"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My story gets better, too.

The billboard company has mostly fired us, as they are doing all their own tree work now. Sometimes they call me for advice, but never give me any work.

While we were fighting over the incident listed above, they called us in on a much bigger job. I crossed all the t's, and dotted all the i's.

They asked me to go through a billboard construction contractor on that job, and I advised the contractor that the local manager of the billboard company would try to stick it to me. I told him the story that I recounted above.

During completion of the $12 grand project, the same manager that signed the contract for the job that I never got paid for kept bypassing the contractor and telling me to change the scope of my initial proposal. EACH and EVERY time he changed the scope of the work, I fired off another proposal, and would not start until I had a signature. It seemed obvious to me that he was trying to get me to screw up so that he could have a reason to not pay us. I think he was trying to balance out the losses off of his annual statement at my expense.

The damn billboard company still tried to not pay me for the work. They also tried to stick the contractor for his bill, too. We both got paid, eventually. Apparently the billboard construction contractor had friends higher up the ladder that authorized payment.

Yes! You see their name at the bottom of billboards all over the country. I won't name names, though.

My story gets better, too.

The billboard company has mostly fired us, as they are doing all their own tree work now. Sometimes they call me for advice, but never give me any work.

While we were fighting over the incident listed above, they called us in on a much bigger job. I crossed all the t's, and dotted all the i's.

They asked me to go through a billboard construction contractor on that job, and I advised the contractor that the local manager of the billboard company would try to stick it to me. I told him the story that I recounted above.

During completion of the $12 grand project, the same manager that signed the contract for the job that I never got paid for kept bypassing the contractor and telling me to change the scope of my initial proposal. EACH and EVERY time he changed the scope of the work, I fired off another proposal, and would not start until I had a signature. It seemed obvious to me that he was trying to get me to screw up so that he could have a reason to not pay us. I think he was trying to balance out the losses off of his annual statement at my expense.

The damn billboard company still tried to not pay me for the work. They also tried to stick the contractor for his bill, too. We both got paid, eventually. Apparently the billboard construction contractor had friends higher up the ladder that authorized payment.

Yes! You see their name at the bottom of billboards all over the country. I won't name names, though.

Whistler? Lamar?

I did a job like that for a commercial painter who wanted me to clear fence line on his and both neighboring properties as well as remove trees so he could put his own billboard up on his property where his shop and offices were.

I've a long happy story along the same lines pd.

Outfits like that pay some or all in advance for now on. Lost a 1500 gig early spring cause they wanted the home office to be able to pay within 30 days.

I was initially awarded the contract, but they wanted to renegotiate my terms. That doesn't happen here, and it's the first sign they don't respect you, nor take you seriously. That leads to no pay or major delays. Neither can I, nor will I, afford such. It's bad business.

They can find another sucker...I'm busy making honest money from honest people.

Back