PHC water sources

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwearb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys wanted to see what everyone elses methods for filling your sprayers with water are? If your shop/lot has no water source do you deal with Town water company? Fill from a pond? etc

a lot...a 1/2" rain collected from a 30' x 40' surface is almost 375 gallons (if you collect all of it - won't have 100% recapture). I need more barrels though because I run out during the summer - just use municipal water from home when I do. Biggest problem there is how long it takes to fill up! From the rain barrels I use a little 30 GPM pump. Faster would be nice, but this is super portable and gets the job done well.

Just make sure you have backflow prevention if pumping from a pond/stream...

We are requred to have a air gap and a foot valve in our pick up line.
Pretty much impossible to get a back flow. Some guys plumb pvc for there fill pipe. I like to keep it on the end of a hose so my guys have to pay attention. To easy to daydream while filling up and overflow with the direct systems.

Pretty good backflow prevention! Just want to make sure folks know to have something. Every pesticide mistake will cost off of us more....higher insurance, tougher regulations, public perception, etc....

I use both a municipal water fill and just the hose at our shop. The municipal costs 67.00 for up to 40,000 gallons per year. The shop water is free because there's no water meter, but takes longer to fill and I mainly use it for topping off. It would be nice to tap into the big 2" pipe at the shop directly so we can get a fast fill without having to drive anywhere but management doesn't want to do that for fear it would be too expensive.

Check pH and minerals via testing. Both can cause degradation of selected products, Floramite comes to mind.

Back