phone answering wages?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give them the phone and have them fill out a lead sheet for you so that there is a standardized response, with minimal questions. "Sorry, he's the expert, all i do is take the calls."

As with the above dialog, provide a script for the person to go off of too "Hulkomania tree trimmers, how may I help you"

good time to contact
Trim or remove and reason why
on removals, leave wood, grind stump...

keep it simple and evolve it over time.

You only need a lead sent to you if it is in the area you are working, otherwise you just pick them up at the end of the day, or whatnot.

As for compensation, how about a flat rate for each contact and a small percentage for anything that closes?

That is pretty much exactly what I have settled on (in my mind) I haven't come up with a lead/contact sheet yet but my phone hasn't been ringing off the hook either. I won't be in the yellow pages 'till September, and if the yards don't stay dry I can't finsh work and put up yard signs.

I haven't come up with a lead/contact sheet yet

KISS principle

Name, address, city
phone, alt phone spouse's name
major intersection for map reference

what tree & location, trim/remove
stump? leave wood?

If yo do not have it on your bid sheets, put a Y/N checkbox for UG locate/AG disconnect for utilities, everyone forgets it once and a while. If you make a habit of checking it off yo save yourself a headache later.

to me gill depending on how big you are,bus wise.
I prefer to where good bluetooth unit and answer it myself.nobody can speak better for you or your bussines than yourself.even if you cannnot answer it every ring you will still be to get more personel with your custumers and not miss a thing.
thats just me though,small outfit 5 man crew.
works well for me.

amen

I use a call center called VoiceNation and it's worked great for me. When I can't answer my phones I forward my calls to a phone number the call center provides me with. They answer 24/7 and can capture leads that otherwise I'd never get, patch through emergency calls after hours etc... I don't have to hire a family member (we know how that can turn out :) or a full time employee. I only pay for the calls they take. One new lead they capture pays my entire monthly bill.

Latest posts

Back