Phone must be ringing off the hook on this Craigslist ad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we hire a climber, he leaves his gear at home and is free to do side work on his own time. I will outfit you with everything you need and it will be new gear. You will get a great saddle and 200T and all the rope you need. Very competitive market in So-Cal, but we hang!
Jeff :msp_wink:

Wow you are way nicer than most companies out here. You let them take the 200T too?

Around here most big companies will fire you if you get caught doing sidework. Not to mention, you are at best getting a new rope when you get a job, the rest of your equipment will be old junk unless you buy it yourself. I used to get so frustrated with the POS saws companies would give me that I actually started bringing my own.

Wow you are way nicer than most companies out here. You let them take the 200T too?

Around here most big companies will fire you if you get caught doing sidework. Not to mention, you are at best getting a new rope when you get a job, the rest of your equipment will be old junk unless you buy it yourself. I used to get so frustrated with the POS saws companies would give me that I actually started bringing my own.

Nah, not nice. We are a TCIA Accreditted company and everything must be up to par. Yea, you get a new 200T and are responsible for it. All gear must be inspected and pass. The best way is to provide it.
Jeff

sorry bossman

When we hire a climber, he leaves his gear at home and is free to do side work on his own time. I will outfit you with everything you need and it will be new gear. You will get a great saddle and 200T and all the rope you need. Very competitive market in So-Cal, but we hang!

If you ain't climbing,you ain't telling me what im hanging from.if you want to buy what I pick out,great!

I bring my own gear. Period. I take care of my stuff. It runs and is sharp.

Im not struggling with problems the last yahoo created.

the sad thing is, 15-20 bucks an hour is good pay around here. i on the other hand would be embarrassed to only offer that much, my senior climber is on percentage and averages over double that on top of insurance, equipment rembursment, company truck and so on. but i guess you gotta start somewhere, who knows, they could hire some one with a lot of potential and they could end up making a name for themselves....

15-20 is pretty good in Socal. Worker's comp is so expensive you can't afford to pay more. A few months back I had a company offer me 14-16 as a climber if I got a class A. Wasn't like this back in Connecticut.

I imagine most groundies around here start at about 10.

I am thankful to have a lot of work right now, though if I could get a position making 20/hr while I finish my masters I would highly consider it. A lot of stress and expenses when you run your own outfit.

I'm with you on this one Jeff. When we were in business Dad always bougtht new gear for his climbers. If their gear was sound they could use it, but why bother, if Dad was willing to get you new stuff of your choice. Back then our climbers got new Homelite E-Z's, but if they wanted something different he would get it for them. These were experienced climbers known locally, or came with verifiable references. We were too small of a company to have any real training program. I can only think of 2 guys that went from ground men all the way up to top climbers, Joe.

I havn't read this whole thread but just wanna toss in my 2 cents. Anywhere I have worked you were expected to have your own basic gear. Saddle, handsaw,saftey lanyard, misc biners..whatever u like. Spurs are good to bring your self also. But I always expected the employer to provide a NEW climbing line. If I leave, the rope stays. Chainsaws should be provided by employer. This is based on being an actual employee. NOW...I will say that I have been outfitting my apprentice climber with some things. He bought his saddle (cougar) and some biners and a micro pulley. I have provided him with a climbing line, wire core lanyard,handsaw,and....a KASK helmet. I didnt like buying the heimet (cost) but decided it was the right thing to do. He doesnt need spurs yet.

Something wrong

IT must be bad out west all the tree people I get firewood from charge about 300.00 a hour and stay covered up if I ask one to take down a tree for 20.00 dollars a hour I might ge kicked in the back side. I take what they cout down and turn it in to fire wood just me and my part time helper and I make way above the average income. But as I have said I am a retired full time firewood business not a fly by night when it gets cold. Later

Back