Pic of the year 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several to choose from, all of Pat working this storm damaged ash on a fine July 3 day on Lake Washington. Pretty tight working area....
9210022284_2d6f990736_b.jpg

9211067976_5a5dde1949_h.jpg

9210024898_a26dc16ec3_b.jpg
9207585733_e90425ffa7_b.jpg
9207590183_9bc670441f_h.jpg

Last edited:
Really?!? Any advice on how to finish that cut with a 20 inch bar without moving my buckets boom?
How big is the trunk? That truck should be able to snap a couple inches if you notch it toward the truck.
I've gotten majorly chewed out for not starting my cut on the truck side before. Always finish the cut on the opposite side of the piece you're removing.

sent using logic and reason from a device forged of witchcraft.

How big is the trunk? That truck should be able to snap a couple inches if you notch it toward the truck.
I've gotten majorly chewed out for not starting my cut on the truck side before. Always finish the cut on the opposite side of the piece you're removing.

Nice profile pic monkey. It looks like your sucking a big black ****. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Jesus Christ. Just look at the pic. If you still don't get it then idk man...

Jesus Christ. Just look at the pic. If you still don't get it then idk man...
Um... if you are about 6feet tall your full arm is just over 28 inches. So the tree looks like 24-28 to me. That cut could easily be finished on the other side from the trunk, meaning you wouldn't have to lift over your boom or move it out of the way to load.

Um... if you are about 6feet tall your full arm is just over 28 inches. So the tree looks like 24-28 to me. That cut could easily be finished on the other side from the trunk, meaning you wouldn't have to lift over your boom or move it out of the way to load.

Logical thinking is best left to the professionals.

Ok then. Teach me.
Why would he HAVE TO finish his cut truck side, because I'm missing something here.

Last chance. Look at the pic again. Where do you think I finished the cut?

Last chance. Look at the pic again. Where do you think I finished the cut?
It looks like you did finish on the back side.

But that wasn't what you said, you asked for advice on how to finish on the back side with a 20inch bar.

Well, now that I look again you said "without moving my boom"... so I guess I misunderstood the question.
In that case, you can't. Derp

I am guessing as he cut the piece he spun the bucket around to the other side of the tree.

Ding mother ****ing ding, we got a winner. You got any pics worth posting up, 2tree? Like to see everybody's shots from around the globe in these threads. Stumping pics don't count. Lol.

I will look threw the thousands of pics I have and see if I have worth posting in this thread. Didnt take many pics the end of this year.

Latest posts

Back