Picked up an MS 250 advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Burnette

Muzzy17is
Reaction score
I just picked up an MS 250 that appears to be in pretty good shape. Good compression but no spark. What all should I rule out?

I just picked up an MS 250 that appears to be in pretty good shape. Good compression but no spark. What all should I rule out?

What have you tried so far? Have you put a different spark plug in and check for spark? Have you checked the coil gap and ground? Have you cleaned up the magnet on the flywheel?

Well fellers I got home today and gave her a tug and low and behold...vroom vroom. Not bad for $5.00 at the scrap yard. All I need is a bar and chain and I’ll be cutting.

Me and my brother messed with it the other day. He messes with them at work. When I got it home I cleaned it real good and saturated carb. It was not getting spark but I did clean around
the magnet and coil. Today I just decided to pull it for Sh::s and giggle and she fired on choke the two more pulls on half choke and she was screaming. I’ve cranked it 3 more times about 30 min apart and it ran better each time. I am happy!

Latest posts

Back