pickup dumps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyq

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am looking to put a dumping bed or dumping bed insert in my pickup, any suggestions or tips? I am considering an EZ dump insert (2 ton) or a dumping bed kit from indian valley trailers (2 ton). Main use is for firewood hauling, mulch, soil etc. I won't be chipping in to this truck.

I have had experience with 2. A Rugby on a '85 Ford F250 and a Venco on a '96 Dodge Ram 3500. Both were kits that lifted the stock pickup bed. They work great, but that if packed with logs you will begin to notice the sides of the bed spreading. You will see this because the gap between the tailgate and bed will get bigger and the tailgate will get harder to close. I eventually changed both to flatbeds. My suggestion would be not to pack the beds tight. Using side boards to increase capacity will really cause them to open up. If I was doing it again, I think I would opt for the insert and add some leaf springs. I would not use this on a half ton truck.

Back