Pics and a ms260 question to get rid of the sign of the Devil Post Count

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInParadise

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I rarely ever post anymore but just noticed the I have a 666:msp_ohmy: post count... Better get rid of that..

My ms260 sometimes will not rev up after idling for a minute or so but dies and has to be restarted like is starving for fuel. Any quick suggestions. I really have not looked into this yet.

Here is dead tree I had to clean up. I love it when you can cut, buck, limb, pile, chip and spread the chips in one day.

Drop it. It was leaning badly in the wrong direction so I had to pull it where I wanted it. I used the 660 only cause I hadn't fired it up in over a year.
attachment.php

Limb it, Buck it and Haul away firewood.
attachment.php

Chip it (oh how I wish I had a real wood chipper)
attachment.php

Start to spread the Chips (about 30 cu feet of chips from this tree)
attachment.php

Area after removing 3 more trees.
attachment.php

Nice landscaping, man! Your dog looks like the Bichon my parents had many years ago.

Look at the fuel line, after many years with the newer fuels, the fuel line gets real soft and gummy, and can collapse and pinch together during
use. You should correctly go through the carb as well, and also check the impulse line, they can lose their grip after several years and leak
at the nipple.

i find that sometimes when a saw acts as yours is acting ,its not a starvation issue ,its actually a flooding or loading up issue. retune the low side on the carb and id say ou might just fix the problem

Nice cutting buddy you have there,looks like the dog is the supervisor of the job.

Thanks for all the suggestions on the saw.

Interesting about possibly flooding as I assumed it was starving for fuel.

Not sure if I will get a chance to look at it in the next few days but will try this stuff out and let you know what works.

Nice landscaping, man! Your dog looks like the Bichon my parents had many years ago.

Sam the Bichon will be 13 years old in 3 days. Wonder what he wants for his birthday.

All I have been doing is Landscaping for the last 6 years since we bought the place.
attachment.php

Use the saws a ton the first couple of years and then more landscaping and stumpin..

attachment.php

Recovering lots of swamy areas..
attachment.php

View attachment 210464
attachment.php

More swamp recovered, still really bad at the back.

attachment.php

Warning to those easily offended the following post contains pictures of saw in dirt!!!!

Nice cutting buddy you have there,looks like the dog is the supervisor of the job.

Actually he has promoted himself from supervisor to foreman as he now prefers to just sit in the vehicle most of the day....

attachment.php

He leaves the running around to his partner in crime who is here in another swamp area that I cut, cleared and pulled the stumps from. We have had so much rain that this is just soup.

attachment.php

attachment.php

When the job is done he will come and inspect to make sure I did a good job! He makes sure I pulled out all the stumps!

attachment.php

Excellent work, man. Thanks for the pics. Our bichon made it to 15. Hopefully many more for Sam!

Sam and you are making some great progress,he sure deserved the promotion to foreman.
Looks really nice once the stumps are out,much better than trying to hide them.
I see Sams' partner in crime does't mind doing the dirty work,maybe he can get the swampy parts to
drain elsewhere. What wonderful improvements from before to present !

Sam and you are making some great progress,he sure deserved the promotion to foreman.
Looks really nice once the stumps are out,much better than trying to hide them.
I see Sams' partner in crime does't mind doing the dirty work,maybe he can get the swampy parts to
drain elsewhere. What wonderful improvements from before to present !

I wish I could get it to drain elsewhere, unfortunately that part of the land is basically only a couple of feet above sea level about 200 feet from the ocean. That is the low point of the land There is a pond next to it on the neighbours.

View attachment 210621
attachment.php

I have dug lots of ditches and have drained other parts of the property successfully.

View attachment 210622View attachment 210623

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now if I still had my old Land Cruiser with the modified 350 chevy in it the mud would not be an issue!
attachment.php

O.K. That explaines the soggy conditions.Ive heard of planting willow trees in those areas they soak up the water,I guess.

Back in '89 we rolled in my friends fj40, the day after he got a lift kit and new tires ,playing in the sand,didn't hear from him in 20
years and found out he still has it! Makes me miss my '85 toy I had back then that truck would cross rivers!

Back