pics of my new milling saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueRider

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
central coast area of California, home to all the
I picked this saw up off of ebay and recieved it about a week ago but havent had a chance to go over it until this evening. I wanted to check things out before milling with it. Good thing I did as one of the muffler flange bolts was almost all the way out and the other was loose as well. The pics show my new saw with the bar and chain and my old saw that this one will be replacing. Both saws are 051's but the beat up one is an early model with the high capacity fuel tank. the newer one is a late model which puts it around 1980 unless it was imported from Mexico where they are still sold new. for those that may not be familiar with this model it is 89cc and is a torque monster. I know many are wary of the old saws due to the scarcity of parts. The old beast has enough hours on it that I had to replace the oil pump and I put a set of rings on it not too long after I aquired it. as you can see it has seen a lot of use and abuse and it is still running strong. I milled a 28" walnut log last week end with it. I am taking it out of service because I need some parts to get an 075 basket case back up and running and then the 051 will become a back up. Both the 051 and the 075 are still sold in Mexico and the 075/76 is sold in the US as a concrete saw.

thought you guys might appriciate the condition of this old saw more than a couple of my friends have, and this is likely to be the last time it is this clean as I will be milling some walnut tomorrow.

only old saws for milling for me

looks great. For me old saws are the only way to go. The torque is what its all about in milling imho. Your smart to keep several of the same saws in operation. You never know when you need parts from one to the other. Happy milling!

Latest posts

Back