PIcs of my new toy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

372XPguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
here's my new baby, should be a good addition to the 066 and the 2077 Jonsered :msp_laugh:

CHAINSAW038.jpg

CHAINSAW037.jpg

CHAINSAW036.jpg

just did the muffler mod today. i'll have pics of that soon....when i rebuild it next winter i'll be woods porting it and making it into a big bore >:)

just did the muffler mod today. i'll have pics of that soon....when i rebuild it next winter i'll be woods porting it and making it into a big bore >:)

Nice. I'm tearing down a 372XP for a friend that salvaged it from his house fire. Tried to check the squish with .036" solder and it didn't even register, so I'll be dropping the jug a bit and doing a muffler mod. No porting on this one, because all I'm really supposed to be doing is cleaning it up...

Nice looking saw.

BUT....
The Bar is wore out so you will have to send me the entire saw so I can dispose of it for you safely.

Just kidding,

Great looking saw!

aaaawwwww come on now, whats the fun in that?:msp_lol:

I know. I'm hoping he'll like it well enough to inquire further.

Tried to measure squish last night with .036" solder, and it didn't register!

aaaawwwww come on now, whats the fun in that?:msp_lol:

Checked the closeouts at Bailey's because I was picking up an unlimited coil for the 372, and found a deal on heavy duty felling dogs for the 372. The link is HERE. Thought I'd toss those on for him as well.

Checked the closeouts at Bailey's because I was picking up an unlimited coil for the 372, and found a deal on heavy duty felling dogs for the 372. The link is HERE. Thought I'd toss those on for him as well.

like the extras!! cool

What is the difference?

What is the difference between "porting" and "woods porting"? I really don't know. Thanks in advance!

What is the difference between "porting" and "woods porting"? I really don't know. Thanks in advance!

Porting is porting. As far as I can tell, the idea behind "woods" porting is that you are putting together a work saw, so you are porting for a box muffler, and not an expansion chamber, and keep more of an eye towards reliability (narrower port widths, etc).

funny you mention that, i actually bought the big 5 prong felling spikes from them and put them on a few days ago, this baby is starting to look serious haha

funny you mention that, i actually bought the big 5 prong felling spikes from them and put them on a few days ago, this baby is starting to look serious haha

For $15 you can't go wrong.

Latest posts

Back