Pic's of your team/climbing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florida16

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Figures I would start a thread for pictures, and info about the pictures.
I will start off with mine...

Heres a picture of 2 palms I trimmed up first thing this morning.

Here's a picture of the man that taught me how to climb. He's 21 and his name is Daniel. I think he's drinking a Dr. Pepper...

Heres a few pictures of me in a Live Oak, getting ready to cut a limb that was broken during 1 of the 3 hurricanes we have had down here...

This is a picture of Daniel. He's taking a wild cherry tree down, last tree of the day and he got up in it before I could make it over there, I was REALLY wanting to climb it, just wasn't quick enough to get over to it though, I guess...

Same person, same tree, just taking it down to a stub so it can be fell now...

We have to do that palm beside it tomarrow also. Got about 20 more trees to do at this place...

All these pictures are from today, just so you know.

Hate to be that guy, but my god!

Total lack of PPE. Uniformless....And the 1st pic of the to sable/cabbage palms you trimmed. Well buddy they look like crap! Please post that garbage elsewhere.

Go back to school or go work for a reputable outfit please.

What makes them look like crap? Because the stems aren't short enough? I went back and trimmed them up with a pole saw later, You'll see tomarrow, I'll get a better pic. As for uniforms, why should I need a shirt that says my name just to climb a tree, we have uniform shirts but we only where them at times when we aren't in and out of trees, you know it IS hot in florida...

I know what florida's like I lived there for over half of my life. Believe me where i lived in Naples gets a weee bit hot in the summer. I also happen to know what a properly pruned palm should look like. As my father has owned Palm Tree Service out of Naples for nearly 30 years. I also began working for him as a young boy. You could say i've trimmed my fair share of palms.

Whether the shirt says your name on it or not is not the point. However it does portray a bit of a more professional image if you guys aren't running around in a bunch of mis-matched outfits. Uniformity rules. And wife beaters look like W.T.

Wow, I'm sorry I don't wanna wear a uniform just to make everything think we are professional, see you may think we do a shytty job, and thats cool, but how can you judge how professional I am just because of my t-shirt. And so what if I wear a wife beater?

1. It's not as hot.
2. It's more comfortable
3. Every climber I have EVER come across wears a wife beater to climb in. I'm not saying I do it because every1 else does, but it's what I want to wear.

Don't judge me being professional by the shirt on my back. It's a shirt, at least I have one on.

Also, I'm not professional, I'm 16. Give me 10 more years and I WILL be.

As for PPE, I may not have all the fancy ascenders and all, but I have everything I need to get it done. Are you saying I lack PPE because I don't wear a helmet? Because there isn't much you can name as far as PPE that I don't own. I'm not going to carry 20 extra pounds of b/s/ with me that I 9 times out of 10 wont use in a tree.

Fla16,

I personally don't give a hoot what your uniform looks like. However, I am concerned about your total lack of PPE. You should at least be wearing a hard hat, eye protection, and ear protection (when running chainsaw and chipper), and so should your groundies.

As for the palms. I think TreeJunkie is probably not criticizing the neatness of your trim job (or maybe he is), but the volume of your trim job. Basically, you took off too many fronds. Imagine a clock. A good palm trim usually takes the fronds up to the 9 and 3, at most up to 10 and 2. What you've got there is more like 11 and 1. I believe there are some good threads about palm trimming here. Do a search.

Be safe!

You could at least have the Co. name on those wife beaters.

You'd better start wearing some ppe there boys. You're all young now, it is sure going to suck going into your mid twenties half deaf, partially blind, with lots of scars.

You and others like you are the reason the public at large has so little respect for our profession.

It dosen't have to be that way.

Oh, I have always cut them like that. It's what the owners' always ask for. I think it's a "hurricane cut". By cutting them that high, it just takes a few more weeks than usual before they need trimmed again, which is what the owner usually wants. Give the palms 3 weeks and they will be at 10 and 2.

Re: You could at least have the Co. name on those wife beaters.

Originally posted by alanarbor
You'd better start wearing some ppe there boys. You're all young now, it is sure going to suck going into your mid twenties half deaf, partially blind, with lots of scars.

You and others like you are the reason the public at large has so little respect for our profession.

It dosen't have to be that way.

So the public has little respect for our profession because the people doing it don't wear goggles, helmets, or ear muffs?

Why would the public care about the person that CHOOSES to do it that way? It's there body after all...

this will be my last attempt to reason w/ you...You may be the first person i'll actually place upon ignore.

1st off, if every climber you've come across wears a wife beater then you obviously haven't come across many,,,OH yeah! duh! your 16 , seriously, how many could you have really met.

2nd - don't blindly respond to abreviations if you don't know what they mean.. PPE has nothing to do w/ ascenders. I've also never found a hard hat, glasses, ear plugs to wear 20 lbs.

3rd - the trim job looks terrible for two reasons, you took them too tight, to 11 &1, and you left them looking nasty w/ those long boots, Don't you bother at least removing the old dead one which are around the bottom?

I personally would care less for your type to be on this site. I frequent the boards to learn, and conversate w/ others who consider themselves professionals. You obviously don't take your profession in serious manner.

Mike,

Probobally would have said something however the pics were of such crap quality i couldn't even see them....

This guy runs w/ a real pro outfit. Gives us all a bad name...

Round here we call your type: YEAHOOZ!!!!!

Sorry, I thought this thread would do the opposite, I thought you might actually be impressed with the work I do at my age of 16. I am sorry I am not perfect or anywhere near a perfect climber.
But aside from climbing, we are here for the same reason, to learn and why else would I be here if I didn't want help, instead of telling me how sorry I am and how much I suck because of my shirt or my PPE - Personal Protection Equipment, you could try to healp me to learn and walk me through stuff, telling me how I can be better. After all I don't climb because I see $$$ signs in the trees, I climb for the love of climbing and the passion I have at such a young age for trees.

If you all don't want me here I will leave. Like I said I am only here to learn and try to expand my climbing abilities/knowledge as far as I can...

I didn't notice the spikes on the trim job either. Ya gotta learn to climb without those spikes, boy!

Back