Pictures of Add-on Wood Furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aandabooks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my furnace and wood storage in the basement. I tried to find the other thread for pics but only found OWB and Stoves. So here is an Add-on Picture thread.

100_0650.jpg

That is the furnace. I have it sitting up on a couple of concrete blocks. The front is discolored due to a sump pump problem a couple of years ago. The sump pump is right in front with the PVC pipe.

100_0651.jpg

Where I store the split wood and Cottonwood 3x3s I get from work. Bring home the boards from work and cut them in three. Usually between 250-300 21" boards. Furnace will hold 27. They are kiln dried and used to seperate air compressor tanks that we get in. It's within 4 feet of the furnace.

100_0652.jpg

Box I keep outside the door for small stuff. 6-10" long. Used to fill the burn chamber to full capacity for the night.

100_0653.jpg

Took out the stairs. They used to lead up to the back of the garage. Now I back the trailer full of split wood in and throw it down. It is about 8 feet from doorway to furnace. No more carrying totes of wood down the stairs. :clap: There is storage in the top half of the stairway so they were never used anyway.

Matt

Great setup there aandabooks, I'm jealous. I can't wait to have my own house.

I really like that stairwell deal, Aandabooks.
This is my wood furnace - it is homemade by the previous homeowner, I added the control on the duct and wired it in series with a thermostat upstairs to run the blower on the oil furnace. This way it only circulates heat when the woodstove is warm enough and stops circulating heat when the upstairs t-stat is satisfied.
In the second pic I added a tempering tank to reduce the load on the water heater.
Third pic is the wood stacks and unused oil tank:greenchainsaw:

Heres my USSTOVE 1500 Hotblast in series with my lp furnace. Heats the house well.

i like your set up.I used to have to throw the wood down the stairs then carry to the other side of the basment to where the wood stove was.

Wood furnace

Anyone ever hear of a Hotshot wood furnace? They were made in Mason City IA but I don't know how long ago.

Back