pictures of my owb I am building

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The copper tubing is to heat the domestic hot water !!
Hardy uses this design still!!

So domestic water is plumbed/pumped to the boiler for heat exchange? Interesting. Does this work the same, better than, or not as good as a side arm heat exchanger on the hot water heater.

I envy your skills and commitment to the project it looks like its going great.

It works just as good as a side arm or a plate exchanger!! The advantage is you don't have to have the circulator pump running to have unlimited dhw, the disadvantage is you gotta bury 2 more lines in the ground and have a way to get to the tubing to repair it when starts leaking and it will start leaking!!

Just have a question if you stove is away from the house you will have to run the water for several minutes before you get hot water thatr is a lot of water everytime a spigot is turned on LOOKS GOOD !!!!

Your gettin there, can't wait to see how it works for you!:msp_thumbsup:

Fired er up today! I riged a pulley so I could clean chimney from the ground,I will cut off a truck axle and put it on a cable and thread it thru the pulley,then when I need to clean flue I just swing the axle over the chimney and let the axle down the chimney.

Lookin good! Everything runnin smooth as planned?

Yea,everything is working as planed!water temp staying 160-185,have not put wood in since Sat.,I hooked in to water heater,cut the breaker off sat.stove is approx.100' from house and 140FT from water heater,when I shower the water is hot,but not hot enough to add cold water.I have not installed the heat exchanger yet.:blob2:

Latest posts

Back