pictures of the 041 ave super with 048 piston in it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mange

Mange

Addicted to ArboristSite
I had one identical to this one, there is a thead here of me asking what the **** this is, and I seem to remember we came ti the conclusion it was a 041.
I sold it, but will ask the byer to have a look.

Mange.

Last edited:
whatsnext

whatsnext

ArboristSite Operative
Al Smith said:
One port is exhaust,the other is intake.Isn't that a goofy way to port an engine?

Al, If that's the case why does picture four show the port filled with what looks like JB Weld?

Al Smith

Al Smith

Addicted to ArboristSite
It is a little misleading.Jpg 25 shows the piston down,exhaust open,intake closed.Jpg 26 shows the piston up,intake open ,exhaust closed.It's a bit confusing with the ports in line.The intake is toward the crankcase,the exhaust toward the cylinder.As I said,what a goofy design.It obviously works though.As I understand it,this older design did not lend itself to the super high rpm's most of use associate with Stihl.

Stihl 041 super

Stihl 041 super

ArboristSite Operative
Al Smith said:
It is a little misleading.Jpg 25 shows the piston down,exhaust open,intake closed.Jpg 26 shows the piston up,intake open ,exhaust closed.It's a bit confusing with the ports in line.The intake is toward the crankcase,the exhaust toward the cylinder.As I said,what a goofy design.It obviously works though.As I understand it,this older design did not lend itself to the super high rpm's most of use associate with Stihl.
The jpg 25 is a picture of the 041 ave super, the other picture(jpg26)
is a picture of a regular 041 av (61cc)