PICTURES of the BIGGEST tree you have cut down or have seen cut down.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WESCOMAN

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to ask for some pics of the monsters you professionals (and non-pros) have cut down. OR any pictures of trees you have seen cut down or run across. Thanks.

hey, this is kinda a teeser, but I have some awsome pictures of some really big trees gettting cut. I will scan them later and post em for ya, so keep a look out. We're talking 15-20 feet DBH!

How about this pecker pole its only a baby in the giant tree jungle of northern california

The dang thing is hollow.Mike.Check this one out.A little midwest 107 ft splinter of a red oak.The bar is 48" useable.

Queen Charlotte Sitka Spruce

This is a Sitka Spruce on the Queen Charlotte islands off of the Britsh Columbia coast. The saw is a 900 series Homelite. I just had to reply to this thread.

Those are awesome guys! Especially the last one, fkn wow. Gonna bug my dad for some pics of he and my gramps cutting in Allison harbour in Seymore Inlet in the 40's-50's, big trees, straight into the water, no power. Will post here.
More more!

I just got my copy of Jerry Beranek's awesome brand new book, "High Climbers and Timber Fallers" It is outstanding and that is an understatement.

Go to http://www.atreestory.com/author.html to contact him and order a copy. He hasn't updated his website to include the book, which you can get from Bailey's for $5 cheaper, but it won't be autographed by Jerry.

I have several other books, including "Kinsey, Photographer" a compilation of DR's definitive work from the early 1900's, shot in stunning large format black and white. Ralph Andrews' "This Was Logging" features much of Kinsey's work, and is available at Bailey's as well. I also have Earl Roberge excellent 1975 book, "Timber Country, Logging in the Great Northwest"

rbtree said:
I just got my copy of Jerry Beranek's awesome brand new book, "High Climbers and Timber Fallers" It is outstanding and that is an understatement.

Go to http://www.atreestory.com/author.html to contact him and order a copy. He hasn't updated his website to include the book, which you can get from Bailey's for $5 cheaper, but it won't be autographed by Jerry.

I dont know if you saw my other post on the forum about that book, but High Climbers and Timber Fallers is the best woods book i have ever seen. It is a superb piece of work in every way. I too have Kinsey, Photographer, another great one. And I also got "Timber" by Ralph Andrews and "Forest Giants of the Pacific Coast" by Robert van Pelt, which is more about the biggest tree of each species than about logging. But Beranek really 'tops' em, get it!!! Oh, mercy . . .

I never heard of Earl Roberge's "Timber Country, Logging in the Great Northwest". Is it worth finding? What era does it cover? Many good pictures?

heres a link to some really amazing pictures of the giant sequoia logging
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ger&start=20&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N

Last edited:
Welcom, sprig, sizzle and powelllake..hope to see more from you guys!! I have little experience with big timber, but do get into some nice sized stuff here is town, some removals, some preservation work.

I just spent an enjoyable few days in and around Victoria, shooting oodles of pics. we immigrated to Van Is from arkansas in 1965, but I returned to the States in 67 after h.s. grad.... Great country!!!

the pic is of a 36 foot in girth at ground level "baby" giant sequoia in Beacon Hill Park....and it ain't coming down!!!

redwood

Just a neat pit I found of the ole timers and a redwood.

Last edited:
Although not the biggest Rock Maple I have felled, it's the biggest I have a picture of.
Had it not been for the snow I would have never gotten it out with the tractor. That's why I took it out by the tip so it would slide better. The log weighted more than the tractor I believe.
John
2.jpg

John,
what was that log alone worth and do you have any measurements from it? What did you use to cut it?

nice tree

lucky

Back