Piece of junk.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Mini-Mac's. I grew up in a chain saw shop (my dad's) and I started working on all the yellow beasts when I was five or six years old. I have four or five sitting in my shop and several large boxes of NOS parts just waiting for me to get around to fiddling with them. When we were cleaning out my dad's storage buildings after he passed, I kept all the yellow saws that I could find. I think the biggest only has a six or eight foot bar on it. Not to change the subject, but I just got a Stihl 011 running yesterday that had been sitting in his shop for somewhere between 15-20 years. I've got some old Homelite's, Pioneers and a couple of Bradley's to fiddle with as well.

I remember working on many of the Mini-Mac style saw when I hired on at a McCulloch dealer. My first one seems like it took 45 mintues to get back together, but after many of them I would have them out of the case or back together in about 5. The early design where the starter did not unbolt was the worst for working on. I never have liked the way they "handle", and I mean how close together your hands are when using one. After working on hundreds of them, I have never owned one nor do I desire it, and I'm a true McCulloch fan.

I love Mini-Mac's. I grew up in a chain saw shop (my dad's) and I started working on all the yellow beasts when I was five or six years old. I have four or five sitting in my shop and several large boxes of NOS parts just waiting for me to get around to fiddling with them. When we were cleaning out my dad's storage buildings after he passed, I kept all the yellow saws that I could find. I think the biggest only has a six or eight foot bar on it. Not to change the subject, but I just got a Stihl 011 running yesterday that had been sitting in his shop for somewhere between 15-20 years. I've got some old Homelite's, Pioneers and a couple of Bradley's to fiddle with as well.

Well, howdy! You will do good here! I bet you can come up with some great pics and stories!

took a computer apart w/pickax once, does that count? me & jack [daniel] had fun that nite...
LOL - it counts if you can put it back together afterwards! There's not a lot that can't be disassembled with a pick axe.....

didnt need to - worked almost as good in pieces as it did together, and used less power...
I was trying to decide between two smart a$$ replies:

A. "Oh, it must have been a Mac"

or

B. "That describes everything with Windows on it"

But then I realized they were equivalent.

Back