Pines, gotta hate them.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nd did you know that antibacterial soaps and even Irish Spring contain 2-4-D

Even if that were true, it is a red herring. Agent orange was a combination of 2,4,D and 2,4,5,T. The major harmful component in the mix are the dioxins.

2,4,5,t itself is now banned from use in the USA.

2,4,D is an herbicide, not a fungistat or barteriastat.

I looked at a bar of Dail ab soap and found no mention of 2,4,D.

That all said, regular use of ab soaps reduce the populations of begnin and beneficial demal fauna & flora allowing fungal skin conditions to develope. Also there is the good possability of harmful bacteria to gain reisitance to the ab agent.

Regular washing with normal soap and lotas water is sufficiant. The only time I might use ab soap is when I have a digetive problem :blob6:

JPS,
just cause it's not on the label doesn't mean it's not in the can... I knew this man, Frank, that had been mercury poisoned when working as a student tech at MIT... they were testing epoxy for the DOD to be used in planes, by floating it in a pan of mercury and heating it up to 350*... heavy fumes coming out of that oven.. So it took him years to figure out what was wrong with him... he had to learn to read and write again..etc.. Turns out once he figured out it was mercury and got some detox, he went back and did some research... every student that worked on that project went home sick and never came back... And there was no legal recourse... past the statute of limitations and they were only going to give him workman's comp on student wages of something like $2-3/hr.
He however continued to do research.. He went to the corporations and got a list of exactly what they were using in these soap products etc... Turns out they were calling the 2-4-D "fragerance" on the label. His writings were published in an obscure holistic health magazine in the late 80s and early 90s.
Hearing his story and research info was an eye opener. He believed strongly that cancer is an epidemic caused, not by lifestyle as the media would have us believe, but by industrial pollutants.. in the food, water, air, fumes off the dashboard and furniture, soaps, cleaners, sprayed on the lawns, and so on.
My wife thinks I act overprotective when it comes to our two year old's exposure... And I KNOW children are extremely suseptible.. their immune systems haven't developped to handle it.. The facts are there.. epidemics....ADD, learning/emotional/behavioral disorders/ auto-immune diseases such as ms/lupus/asthma/some types of arthritis, cancer.. It's a very toxic world far diferent from the one we grew up in.
For those of you who spray nervines... Please don't do it around children...
On the up side... IPM and PHC have made great improvements over the past 20 years to reduce the poisoning of our environment... very progressive compared to agri-business.
Gos Bless All,
Daniel
PS I apologize for bearing such downer news.. I wish the truth wasn't so hard...should I keep it to myself ???

Speedline pine

Its Ok Murph we knew the truth was out there:D
Its good to be carefull but not to be fearfull..
Back to pines!!
I hate how the sap can get in your blocks and gum them up!!!
Not so bad to speedline though.

Looks like you are about done with that one Rob. The prescription did say Raise(prune for clearance) didn't it.;)

Rob, it looks like your ground dude's lowrider trousers are riding lower than fashion dictates - is this a way to get the next-door neighbor lady to call you over to prune her trees too? He he

And Murph4Trees,
I think it's imperative that we're educated on exactly what's deadly and threatening so that we're able to made informed choices. Deregulated industries are certainly not to be trusted in that regard.

Latest posts

Back