Pioneer 020

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyT

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A guy from work gave me this saw today. He said he had it running but now the recoil wont wind back up, its in pretty good shape, was just curious if anyone knew anything about them.

Dont mean to steal your thread, but I had a pioneer at one time. Took it to a guy to fix and never saw it again. Are these saws rare?

Your not stealing the thread...

but that sucks, you didnt pay guy too did you???

I have never seen or heard of them...personally but i am a young guy too.

A guy from work gave me this saw today. He said he had it running but now the recoil wont wind back up, its in pretty good shape, was just curious if anyone knew anything about them.

Click on the "Search" button in the green bar at the top of your screen and type in "Pioneer" and you will get about 11 pages of references to the brand name just in this Arboristsite. My brother-in-law in Portland has one. I used it to clear some property for him on the Pacific Coast. His dad left the saw to him. Hard to tell how old it was, but it still ran great, and it was a very good, strong saw for what I used it to do. No safety features though - so be careful. I especially missed the chain brake.

Back