Pioneer 450

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many years ago I fitted an OMC outboard coil to the 450 laminate frame, worked A1 and still runs today. I am not sure there is a direct fit replacement on the market for them but any old points/condenser type coil will work if it can be made to fit the original laminate frame that holds the original coil, for mounting to the saw frame. I have many times downsized the center finger of the OEM laminate frame to fit a coil from a newer saw, usually one of the 600 series Pioneers. Its been a long while ago but I think the center holding finger/post of the original frame is around 5/8" square and the Pioneer 600 coil has a 9/16" square center hole, I ground the post down to fit and it gave good spark afterward

Thanks for your suggestions pioneerguy.I removed the coil from a WICO assembly, did some minor changes to the laminate frame and mounting holes and i now have a good spark.Now if i could just find a solution to the fuel primer system i would be happy.

Thanks for your suggestions pioneerguy.I removed the coil from a WICO assembly, did some minor changes to the laminate frame and mounting holes and i now have a good spark.Now if i could just find a solution to the fuel primer system i would be happy.
The cheap bulb primers like the ones used on the plastic poulans, Wild Thing,Woodshark ,etc. will work with a bit of extra work to make a holder and adapt that to the existing cover, a hole would be required for it to mount in.. The diaphragms are just about as scarce as hen`s teeth anymore, I rebuilt dozens of the OEM primers until I ran low on stock, I bought my last ten units off a shop selling out on eBay like 5 years ago and have not seen one for sale since.

Back