Pioneer coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msing

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just picked up a Pioneer farm-saw today but has no spark tried diff,plug tried with wire from coil to switch unhooked. So I'm looking for a good coil can some one help.

Grease monkey said:
What size pioneer do you have, that would help!

He said he has a Farmsaw. They are all the same size. The Pioneer Farmsaw is basically the same as the P40/41/42 series.

Dan

I have gotten one off of a P40 to work on a Farmsaw. The P40 is a points ignition and the Farmsaw is electronic, the magnets are spaced the same on both saws flywheels so I put an Atom module on it and it worked:dizzy: Clearance is a little snug around the kill terminal due to the Farmsaws compression release. The P41's I've seen have a 2 peice ignition system and looks like it will not interchange. The correct coil for the Farmsaw is still available through Magneto Power.

The Farmsaw II takes the same coil as one of the homelight saws, still available. Put one on a nieghbor's saw this winter. blue coil, internal trigger. bought it from Laser in London, on. Prbably available from lots of sponsers here too.

Back