• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Pioneer P52 Phelon coil needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lincolnscott7

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello good folks! I just got a Pioneer P52 chainsaw that was quoted to be running just two weeks ago and now it has no spark. I have tried everything known to try and still get nothing out of it.

I am currently baking the coil but I would like to find a spare even if I can get this one working.

The one my saw has is the newer Phelon style and the coil is black with orange potting if that helps. I have also included a photo of the setup I am needing.

Please help me get this awesome pioneer going. I've never had a P series and I've heard nothing but great stuff about these P50 series saws so I sure hope I can get to experience it.

Thank you all and kind regards!
Lincoln

(PS I have a BUNCH of NOS homelite parts so if you maybe want to do a trade let me know. Also have other saws and stuff so maybe we can work some kind of trade out?)

Attachments

• 20230227_233659.jpg
    20230227_233659.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230227_233702.jpg
    20230227_233702.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
If you can't source a coil, you can press the laminated metal mount out of the original coil and press it into a more readily available donor coil. With those sort of standard-design 80s/90s coils, it's often only the laminated metal portion that's really unique. So, by swapping the metal mount into a donor coil, you can have a new, easily sourced coil that fits your old saw. Sometimes there's a little clip that has to come off the coil before separating the metal mount, sometimes there's a soldered contact to desolder/cut, simple process though!

Maybe you've got a perfect donor coil in your parts pile already. If you need to buy one, Husky 50/55/ coils are great donor coils... cheap, easily sourced, with a nice long spark plug wire & kill switch wire.

Back