Pioneer p60 too worn to fix ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawdawg21

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a pioneer p60 I got about a year ago and couldn’t get it running when I bought it, pulled it out again recently and took a look in the cylinder and she’s a little scored on the piston and the wall of the cylinder. Any way to save it or is it an instant new jug and piston?

Did you test compression with a known good gauge before taking it apart? Besides the condition of the piston and cylinder, the end gap of the rings is really important and will show you the actual amount of wear. Should be 0.002" to 0.003" per inch of bore dia.

Did you test compression with a known good gauge before taking it apart? Besides the condition of the piston and cylinder, the end gap of the rings is really important and will show you the actual amount of wear. Should be 0.002" to 0.003" per inch of bore dia.
I haven’t torn it apart yet, she’s still in one piece in the shop. I don’t have a compression tester as I don’t know what a “good” one looks like, but I’ll try to get some pictures up soon

I haven’t torn it apart yet, she’s still in one piece in the shop. I don’t have a compression tester as I don’t know what a “good” one looks like, but I’ll try to get some pictures up soon
Make sure you have the right type of compression gauge with the valve right at the end of the fitting that screws into the spark plug hole. Lots of discussion here on the "right type" of gauge for small engines. Do a search for more info.

Back