pioneer problem?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does any body know where I can find a clutch for a pioneer 700d? I've got it running good(great compression) but when I bury the bar(36 inch) into wood the chain stops after a bit. Engine rpms don't drop much when this happens so I surmise that the clutch is shot.(by the way the saw is hitting its intended 63-6500 rpm at wot unloaded)Though I've been wrong before(that never happens!?!?).Any help would be great.

Does anyone know if the clutch from a 600 or 620 will work.Also would it be safe to up the high end a bit. 6300 rpm just doesn't sound right.

Although JJ has not been around lately he would be your best bet on Pioneer parts.

Bill

Thanks Bugfart.I checked it out and the seller pulled the saw early because of breakage or theft(so they say)but 1000 thanks anyhoo. And he.. yes I am going to wind this big boy up as soon as I can get it running properly at baseline.It'll be neat to see what this Canadien beast will do opened up!

saws
mc 73
mc 550
mc 1-53 (2)
mc 10-10
mc pm610
mc g70
mc d44
homer 990g(.404):D
homer 770gs(.404):D
homer xp1000:D
homer c-51
homer xl-2
old lombard (ah47)
pioneer 700d:bang:
rem super 754
rem pl6

The shoes and the drum could be glazed. Try roughing both of them up with sand paper and see what happens.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
Good advice Grande Dog.I did that and the condition improved some, but the chain still stops when you push it then the saw stalls(even if I pull it out of the cut quick).I'm not pushing THAT hard and this should not happen to a saw this big(107cc).I am at a loss.:bang:

Ah luvs me some cubic centimeters:D

Back