Pioneer1771 project saw carb ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I started to fiddle around with my 1771 and pulled the carb. It looks like it has a Walbro logo on the bottom cover. Can any of you ID this carb as something other than a Pioneer?

throttlelockout001.jpg
throttlelockout007.jpg
throttlelockout006.jpg
throttlelockout005.jpg
throttlelockout004.jpg
throttlelockout008.jpg

I did a few internet seaches, the only useful thing I found (searching Pioneer 309320) was at Mangus' site--Back in July '10 Joe at Sugarcreek was supposed to be working on making some carb kits.

Other searches brought up a Murray part # that has nothing to do with the pictured carb.

I did a few internet seaches, the only useful thing I found (searching Pioneer 309320) was at Mangus' site--Back in July '10 Joe at Sugarcreek was supposed to be working on making some carb kits.

Other searches brought up a Murray part # that has nothing to do with the pictured carb.

Thanks for looking Chris. I will check out Sugarcreek.

Good to know Chris. What do you mean by pulling the choke plate?

Thanks

Tim

As far as the 700/750/850 go, they all use a primer system--no choke present on the carb. Now, it would be great to have a standard choke and not bother with the primer, but the 090 choke is not a spring or detent system. It is tied into the governor on that saw. Maybe some other choke shaft could be swapped into the 090 carb. I haven't tried because I can make all my Pioneer primers work quite well, which is more than anyone can say about Mac primers. Anyway, you have to get rid of the 090 choke to swap that HL into the Pioneers.

I see your 1771 uses a standard choke. Different options there.

Chris B.

Latest posts

Back