pipes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dafunk

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
anyone ever carve pipes? or have any suggestions on what stain to use and what to do for the bowl? i was thinking maybe a type of thimble , but not sure how regular stains would react to smoke going through them if they're used

anyone ever carve pipes? or have any suggestions on what stain to use and what to do for the bowl? i was thinking maybe a type of thimble , but not sure how regular stains would react to smoke going through them if they're used

I don't know if I would stain it. Pretty sure I wouldn't unless it was special pipe stain.
Raw linseed is easy and just do the outside.

I made em by starting with square stock and pre-drilling. A Forstner bit would be good. You can use a spade but then you will weaken the bottom or just go through.
Brings me back to 6th grade shop class, Mr Green says" Now Treemandan, we don't make those here." I also won a prize for spinning and wiring a lamp. The thing was like a first place trophy itself it was so huge.
They wanted to keep it for the main office and I said " You would think I would let you considering the ammount of time I spent in here on dentention but NO!"

I made em by starting with square stock and pre-drilling. A Forstner bit would be good. You can use a spade but then you will weaken the bottom or just go through.
Brings me back to 6th grade shop class, Mr Green says" Now Treemandan, we don't make those here." I also won a prize for spinning and wiring a lamp. The thing was like a first place trophy itself it was so huge.
They wanted to keep it for the main office and I said " You would think I would let you considering the ammount of time I spent in here on dentention but NO!"

LMAO :biggrinbounce2:

Corn cob makes nice bowls.

Yeah,That will work.Then let it dry and get hard.Makes a nice bowl.

You can then sand the outside an put a tung-oil finish on it.You won't believe how nice it looks then.:)

Back