550XP mark 2 / 572 fuel mixture with pipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50-1 good oil and dont try and cut with a dull chain. More saws are ruined through forcing a dull chain to cut than running at 50-1

Greetings,

Picked up these two saws over winter, great overall saws. 550 has 18" bar and 572 has 24". I have run about 5-6 tanks of fuel through the 550 and only about 1 through the 572. I have been using 50:1 ratio as the dealer suggested. Echo power blend oil. 89 octane fuel unfortunately with ethanol as non-ethanol is not available unless I buy the canned fuel from the dealer. I just added a pipe to the 550 and have one on order for the 572 from chainsawperformanceparts.

What I have been reading lately and would like to verify that some people suggest running a richer mixture on these saws of 40:1 or even 32:1 because of the speed they run at and to extend the life of the saw. What are the overall thoughts on this fuel mixture change or changing the mixture after adding a pipe to the saw. I also added a single air vent to the air cleaner cover on the 550 and am considering doing the same on the 572. Should I change any of the above oil, fuel or mixture that I have been using?

I have also read that the pipe keeps the saw running cooler? Possibly extending the life of the saw? These two saws are just for use around the farm and for fun. I would like them to last a very long time.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Sean
My 1st suggestion is Run the pre mix husky gas. I was totally against it till I tried it. Quite a noticeable difference and the amount the Lil 550 burns its Werth it. The pipes will definitely make it run cooler and live longer. My old saw has 12 years hard werk on it, original top end still looks new only been mixxed to 50:1. I mix them rich when the bugs are bad. Lol. Don't add the vent to air box...the cooling fan blows thru them to keep the filter from plugging with sawdust. And snow dust out in winter to keep from freezing up. They're auto tune, so that's retard proof can't blowem up no more tuning them wrong.
Another point on the pre mix gas....I have a sthil 271 30cc I bought for the wife...ran like poo didn't matter what I did to it from new. For ***** n giggles I ran a tank of the husky pre mix in it as last resort before smashing it. Lil basterd runs like a top, still not sure why, even the pre mix sthil gas wouldn't run good in it. Cover for 3yrs factory warranty also buy 3 cans when u buy the saw new.
My thoughts enywheyysss. Happy cutting

Latest posts

Back