Placerville pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOBRDGO

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
PICT1300.jpg

Here's a pic of Rupedog and I starting up "The Skunk" my borrowed gun for the day.

Last edited:
The one and only Art Martin with his West Bend Hotsaw. What a beautiful machine. One of the Rupley sons ran this one in the Hotsaw event. As my skills improve I'll put up some video of this sucker runnun.

PICT1339.jpg

Jon Rupley operated Art's saws with great success at the show. This bada$$ Stihl run thru 23 " of pine in 5.66 seconds. That was enough to take home 1st place. The bar is handmade by Art and the chain is his also. Jon did a pretty good job operating to boot. Sorry no video of that run.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of Mike Rupley's West bend monster. It looks like something out of a 50's sci fi comic book. It's got a carb you could drive a truck thru. I got the vi
PICT1331.jpg
deo goods of this saw too.

Last edited:
PICT1345.jpg

One for the Stihl fans. That's Dean the in the white shirt in the background. Dedcow is in the black shirt to his left.

Last edited:
Dedcow manned up and ran his husky, I can't find the video or pics, I'm sorry Ben.

GOBRDGO said:
Here is a pic of Mike Rupley's West bend monster. It looks like something out of a 50's sci fi comic book. It's got a carb you could drive a truck thru. I got the vi
PICT1331.jpg
deo goods of this saw too.

Mike is that the Westbend that got spanked up in Brownsville???
Get back to me.

Mike, what is Jon and Art doing with all that $$. You tricked the Toadies out of the purse! LOL
Who won the different classes?
John

well im back home! placerville was fun. my Husky 288 did great for a very mild woods saw. only the exhaust was touched. plus the saw was just rebuilt and still on its first tank of gas! did an amazing job for a mild woods saw. i am VERY impressed with Dean's work on the exhaust port. muffler mods were thanks to a parts saw i came across, worked good for me! got to see some SWEET saws at the show and had a fun time on the trip. i just wish i could have seen the pics of me running the 288 *pokes at Jared*

next year i hope to campaign some wild saws for the show season, just have to see how things go. i learned a LOT at this show, and hope i get more chances like this to learn much much more. thanks to everybody out there!

Dedcow- My wife erased some stuff to make up some memory. I'm sorry about your pics, jeez. LOL I'm working on my saw tomorrow. I doubt it will be running just yet though. later Jared

no worries jared, im just giving ya a hard time. i cant wait to see that saw of yours run! sucker looks SWEET!

Back