please I.D. this wood insert for me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seen one kinda like that once

It is up at Ketterings place. Since I don't think I am going that way anytime soon.... maybe someone else can chime in with the answer!

It looks decent, and BIG :D

-Pat

It is up at Ketterings place. Since I don't think I am going that way anytime soon.... maybe someone else can chime in with the answer!

It looks decent, and BIG :D

-Pat

Pat doe you know of another site where i could look at some comparison stoves to get an idea? no one is giving any answers to this particular post for some reason thanx

I want to say it's a 30 year old Blaze King. My sister has one very similiar except has a damper control above the doors.

We sold Blaze Kings around late 70's/80's. Don't recall one that looked like that. Ours were more of a bell shape. There was a brand named Fisher that looked similar but they had the name cast in the door. Have you pulled the unit out of the fireplace yet? There might be metal label-if there is it'll likely be coated with creosote etc. Be careful when you clean it.

Is there a problem or are you just curious? Good luck

Last edited:
I have an early 80s Buck insert and the design elements of your stove are reminiscent of mine. Send the picture to Buck and see if they know that model. Do you know about how old it is? If I were to fathom a guess, I'd say mid to late 80s Buck.

My insert. I thought the flue damper, door/hinge construction, stretched mesh over the cold air intake/hot air outlets, and the knobs on top weren't a far cry from what your picture shows. Of course, maybe all older inserts looked the same; I've not seen too many.

insert.jpg

My insert. I thought the flue damper, door/hinge construction, stretched mesh over the cold air intake/hot air outlets, and the knobs on top weren't a far cry from what your picture shows. Of course, maybe all older inserts looked the same; I've not seen too many.

insert.jpg

That's the one my sis has. Maybe I'm wrong and it's not a Blaze King. For some reason that name is stuck in my head. :confused:

Latest posts

Back