Plenty of work!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterBlaster

TreeHouse Elder
Reaction score
One of the clients I deal with just landed a $50,000 contract slated to kick off in January. Perfect timing, if I say so myself. But it is gonna be a totally royal PITA bee-otch to do. :(

The job involves removing 18 trees that are encroaching/damaging a major drainage ditch. So far it appears all of the work is going to have to be done within the (concrete-lined) ditch.

The plan is to build a ramp for the 18ton, weasel that sucker down in the ditch, and then back the chipper/chipper truck down behind it. Hmmm.

Lemme tell ya, 10 or 12 of these trees are HUGE! And this is the guy that runs a 36" bar on a 044. Hmphhh! I told him he'd better but a 066 if he expects to see me ALAP any stumps. I'll let his top groundman handle that bs! :angry:

The best part is there is gonna be an engineer there the entire time making sure we don't bust up the concrete. Maybe I'll give him my digcam to get some good shots!

This guy is cool. He just laid five bills on me for a xmas bonus. I CAN dig that. My other tree climbing buddy didn't get squat.

Bummer!

HEY ALLS YOUSE OWNERS!!!

DON'T FORGET YUR COTTEN PICKERS!!

:angel:

Uhhhh... MS who???
confused-scratchhead6.gif

Originally posted by netree
ya bought Butch a chainbrake?
:eek:

Know the saying, "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask."

Well that was an exception to the rule. That, my friend was a stupid question.:p

Just kidding netree.

Need some help Butch?

Carl

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Uhhhh... MS who???
confused-scratchhead6.gif
foghorn.gif

Now wait a minute son, ya payin' no attention. Ya startin' too big son. Ya gotta walk before ya can run. MS200 son, look at me when I'm talking to ya son. I say start small and work up. Now try again boy. Kids nowadays they know it all. Now cu, I say cut that out, what's it all about boy, elucidate!

Well last thur and fri was spent building the ramp to allow the crane access into the ditch. It took a lot longer and was harder to build than anyone expected, but it got done. Tomorrow we were slated to start the job. But...

Sat we had a pretty good rain, and guess what? 3/4 of the ramp was torn loose and drifted downstream!:angry: Now the whole ramp has to be redone. That bites a big one!

The new ramp gonna have to be secured in some manner, we ain't quite figured that one out yet.

Oh well. Live and learn, I guess.:rolleyes:

Can ya believe seven guys to do this? :dizzy:
Nope, sure can't. What really blows my mind about this operation is that the equipment used to remove these trees may well do more damage to the waterway than the trees themselves were doing.:rolleyes:

Why weren't the crossties secured in event of rain? Sounds like a government job.:p

Actually, I see there are eight guys in that pic. Four of the guys are with the crane crew, the other four are the groundies. And don't forget the owner, taking the picture.

He just called me and said that we were on for in the morning. They rebuilt it today and its ready to go. About 1/3 of the crossties are in the Red River by now.:D

Guy, how do you figure the crane to damage the ditch? A city engineer is going to be on the jobsite for the duration, and he's not worried about that. He's there to make sure we don't damage the canal.

Eyes.gif

About 1/3 of the crossties are in the Red River by now.:D
Fish gotta be lovin' that creosote. Yum yum.

Guy, how do you figure the crane to damage the ditch? A city engineer is going to be on the jobsite [/B]
I'm no engineer, I was just wondering. Concrete cracking is kinda unpredictable.

Would it not make it easier to just have the guys hook the crane to its rear bumper, and just pick itself up and set the rear in the ditch, and then do the front the same way? That way you wouldn'y need the ramp, and you could get right to work.

Sometimes the answer is right in your face, but you dont see it. Or maybe the crane is too heavy, as yall had already thought of that.

Carl

PS This post was a joke, lighten up

Back