Plowmandan II ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
THE RAGE CONTINUES

Just another slight dusting for which I had to get out early to salt the walks at the day care center. I thought I would just go home afterwards and chill with my kid but Ed Peabody called, said he was headed out around 10 am.
So after prying Sarah from bed and driving her to the day care center I made for downtown Chester Springs. I drove up to Peabody's house and hit the horn, turn aroound and started back down. I stopped at the top of the hill to salt it and that is when I noticed the cruiser lurking around down on the road.
I was thinking Dan had dropped a dime on me and I was thinking of what kind of line to hand to the cop concerning the subject. I went on with salting the hill, I dropped a few bags at the top and drove the truck down to the bottom and stopped about 200 feet from the road. The cop honks and waves me over, I wave back and head back up the hill. I got about half way back down with the salt and he is walking up.
It just turns out he was sent out to ask me to move the iceberg I had pushed out from Peabody's drive and across the road where I had been slamming it as far as I could.
I was actually dissapointed that's all it was but I moved the berg. I was hoping I would get a chance at calling Dan a #### in front of the cop. I told the cop I kinda thought the road leveler would kinda be taking care of that and almost asked him if that was all they sent him out for.
I am just glad not to be in that truck. This last round of snow has Peabody in to me to about a thousand dollars. I was telling my wife I was giving him breaks here and there ( I only charged 2 hours the one time I was out stuck for 4) and she is all like " HAMMER EM!". I usually do about 4 grand each season, in fact that was all I was hoping to do but this last bit churned in 4 grand alone. I still feel it oooof. Next year? A set of Super Swampers and some chains.

You line up any real work from that snow or you just out having fun?

You line up any real work from that snow or you just out having fun?

Read my lips- 4 grand from one storm. Not bragging and I am sure its exspensive for both me and them. Me and you know just how much 4 grand is. Its something but not much more than that. isn't there a saying that goes " that and 4 grand will get you a cup of coffee"? I think its true, quite sure actually.

Read my lips- 4 grand from one storm. Not bragging and I am sure its exspensive for both me and them. Me and you know just how much 4 grand is. Its something but not much more than that. isn't there a saying that goes " that and 4 grand will get you a cup of coffee"? I think its true, quite sure actually.

lol. Plowmandan indeed. That's definitely good coin for pushing snow, bud. I had heard there was some decent tree damage down your way is all...

Treemandan you raked it in good for you and you'll be raking it in on Tuesdayy again another NOR EASTER

Oh wonderful. I just ordered another pallet of rock salt and I still have a good amount of gas and desiel if the pumps shut down. I think if we get much more there will be no place to put anymore.
Down in Philly they load it and they used to dump it in the river but not anymore. I hope I don't have to load very much snow.

lol. Plowmandan indeed. That's definitely good coin for pushing snow, bud. I had heard there was some decent tree damage down your way is all...

Lots of pine limbs and such on the ground, buried in ice... like my chipper... like that last locust me and Plas put on the ground. I had one call about a fallen tree but was unable to give a call back which I feel bad about but what can you do? I am getting calls about leaking roofs but there is not to much I can do about that.
The talk was something like 55 inches; what do you guys look like up there?:cheers:

The talk was something like 55 inches; what do you guys look like up there?:cheers:

We haven't had much of any snow this year. Used the snow blower all of 4 times? Never more than 4 or 5 inches though. Usually we're good for a big storm or two but doesn't look like it's happening this year...which is fine by me.:cheers:

30 percent chance begining next week.

Were still a week away but its coming its gonna snow again but the problem is I haven't gotten all my money from the 19th nothing for last Sat. and nada for Tues. so my payroll and my overhead is all out of my kids college money and my savings and I fear that a fourth snow will make the payments a little slower even more ,but unforunately I have signed contracts for 45 days or 7 days after the contractor gets his payment so my 19,000 thousand is somewhere in the mail and the mail man is nowhere to be found :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
We haven't had much of any snow this year. Used the snow blower all of 4 times? Never more than 4 or 5 inches though. Usually we're good for a big storm or two but doesn't look like it's happening this year...which is fine by me.:cheers:

I can't believe it missed you, not by much though.

Latest posts

Back