Plunge cuts and noodling vs. kickback.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehe - it's an empty road, you can see for about 3 miles downhill. I hit a patch of gravel on a fast bend - front went through fine, back slid out from verge to verge and then caught, rolled over. I've lost count of the number of Mk2 Gtis I've had now - low-medium 20s! I'm in Bangor.

I used to shoot at Ballykinler when the old man was alive, proper rifles... he was as bad at collecting guns as I was cars. After he croaked, I only went to Bisley once, wasn't the same.
I remember the year before hanguns were banned on the mainland, my old man came home with a great story and a couple of pictures.
The entire N. Irish team were in a pub near Bisley but off camp when a couple of local fellas decided to rob the place. Of course being from NI, most of the team were police (PPW) or under threat (same), so had their pistols with them.
Idiot with the sawn-off shouted to the bar man "Open the ####ing till!"
Bar man says, as cool as you can be - "turn around" - sound of a Glock being cocked.
He turns around - sound and sight of 14 pistols being cocked. :D
He nearly shat himself.
Cops called, someone very fat sat on him, everyone denied pulling a weapon, police knew fine well what was going on - the team heard him grunting on the way out as he got a good kicking. Barman bought a round, everybody happy.:)
The cops refused to be in the pic just in case, but I still have a picture of two halfwits handcuffed on the ground, face down in the car park - the old man (lawyer) said he needed it as "evidence" in case the team were prosecuted... :D

DSC00227.jpg

Hope that dont happen to my Golf with a boot lol
Its never an empty road anyone crashes on here everyone uses the Deer or Sheep excuse !

Yep putting up a sign with No shooting written on it is like a magnet to shooters lol

Are you North or South? Ive been shooting at Ashbourne and Ballykinler army base.

Ashbourne was really good we got a lock in in the Ashbourne hotel lol a proper lock in with no way out!
Funny thing was the Scots Irish and Welsh all went out together and the English went back to the team hotel and never mixed!

bore learning

Back to boring.

The techniques suggested and shown in this thread are correct.

May I further suggest that to learn the best way is to break in gently.

Start on rotten wood. Thumbs wrapped and stand slightly offset to the side.

Move to softer woods, say pine.

Then hardwoods.

Then dead hardwoods all dried out but not rotten. Way in the future.

------------

When doing the above think safe chain first. Then hungry.

+++++++++++++

More important than the above is:

Tip placement,
Thumbs wrapped,
Chaps,

Hehe - it's an empty road, you can see for about 3 miles downhill. I hit a patch of gravel on a fast bend - front went through fine, back slid out from verge to verge and then caught, rolled over. I've lost count of the number of Mk2 Gtis I've had now - low-medium 20s! I'm in Bangor.

I used to shoot at Ballykinler when the old man was alive, proper rifles... he was as bad at collecting guns as I was cars. After he croaked, I only went to Bisley once, wasn't the same.
I remember the year before hanguns were banned on the mainland, my old man came home with a great story and a couple of pictures.
The entire N. Irish team were in a pub near Bisley but off camp when a couple of local fellas decided to rob the place. Of course being from NI, most of the team were police (PPW) or under threat (same), so had their pistols with them.
Idiot with the sawn-off shouted to the bar man "Open the ####ing till!"
Bar man says, as cool as you can be - "turn around" - sound of a Glock being cocked.
He turns around - sound and sight of 14 pistols being cocked. :D
He nearly shat himself.
Cops called, someone very fat sat on him, everyone denied pulling a weapon, police knew fine well what was going on - the team heard him grunting on the way out as he got a good kicking. Barman bought a round, everybody happy.:)
The cops refused to be in the pic just in case, but I still have a picture of two halfwits handcuffed on the ground, face down in the car park - the old man (lawyer) said he needed it as "evidence" in case the team were prosecuted... :D

LOL thats a good one!
The first day shooting in Ballykinler we got the full treatment, Mirrors under the car, searched, Guns and certificates checked.
The second day we were just waved in!
I was yapping away and felt something at my leg, I looked round and the biggest mother:censored: German sheperd on the planet was sniffing my leg!!!!! The guy had it on a lead and was pissing himself laughing:(

NI didnt have a separate shotgun team at the time and Scotland recognised them and we had 2 mini internationals before they were recognized by the rest 2001-2002, We beat the NI team by a huge margin the first year but got our asses handed to us the second year! Buy boy were the targets hard!
I think they invented new trap disciplines, Olympic DTL and Olympic ABT lol the weather was shocking it was 3 in the afternoon before i found out we were on the coast lol.

I also learned Never ever give anyone from Ireland a microphone the speeches went on for hours!!!!

Hehe, it's been years since I was shooting rifle at Ballkinler - I just used to go and shoot when I was a kid, with my Dad.
The first time I went, we got the full search, dog ran away squealing from under the Discovery diseasel.
"What the hell was that?" Says the dog man.
"Ah, not much, it has a bit of a diesel leak. He probably got squirted in the eye"
"OK, sir, on you go."

Next time , during the mirror check - "Sir, do you have any firearms, explosives, or other weapons in or on this vehicle?"
"Yes, I've got 4 7.62 rifles, 2 .38 handguns, one .45 handgun and about 500 rounds of ammunition"
That's fine sir, on you go.".

Eejits.

I remember well getting a cracker of a black eye from my dad's rifle - he had a custom built one from some fella up in the Highlands, if you know the name I'll probably remember it. He went over 4 times to have it fitted. Sinclair stock, stainless barrel, I think his name was Cameron?
Like a fool, I had my eye Right up to the sight - bang, black eye.
No sympathy, even at age 12 - they just gave me some brutally strong coffee and an old .303 with iron sights. :D
I remember well it was 22p a round for 7.62 match grade stuff at the time, there was an old lady who sold them. I remember her well because she gave me a medal for best keeper of the butts, as I got hit in the shoulder by a ricochet from the target frames - it was only a piddly puncture, but it hurt like hell at 12 years old. The treatment? "We'll just pour a drop of whiskey over that, you'll be fine."
I think that's when I decided I liked whiskey - the next coffee had a good strong dose in it and I puked on the way back to the car. :D

"
LOL thats a good one!
The first day shooting in Ballykinler we got the full treatment, Mirrors under the car, searched, Guns and certificates checked.
The second day we were just waved in!
I was yapping away and felt something at my leg, I looked round and the biggest mother:censored: German sheperd on the planet was sniffing my leg!!!!! The guy had it on a lead and was pissing himself laughing:(

NI didnt have a separate shotgun team at the time and Scotland recognised them and we had 2 mini internationals before they were recognized by the rest 2001-2002, We beat the NI team by a huge margin the first year but got our asses handed to us the second year! Buy boy were the targets hard!
I think they invented new trap disciplines, Olympic DTL and Olympic ABT lol the weather was shocking it was 3 in the afternoon before i found out we were on the coast lol.

I also learned Never ever give anyone from Ireland a microphone the speeches went on for hours!!!!

hey scot,
what is that alien looking vehicle behind your v-dub?:confused:

seatinca.jpg

Its a Seat Inca van.
This is my old one I dont have pics of the new one yet but they are the same.
The VW Caddy is the same van with different badges (more or less)
Carries about the half ton.
1900cc Non turbo Diesel engine with a lowly 64 hp but it does the job.
The car has the same basic engine but with a turbo and is 150 hp!

DSC00225.jpg

Theres the new van!

Latest posts

Back