PM Canadien parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could find a 390 or 1690 in exceptional condition. Maybe I will have to sell off some of my other saws to be able to afford one. In my book the 390 and 1690 are the king of all production, single man operated, direct drive saws. There is the exception of the 10 cube Stihl prototype saw that Ozflea had but as far as I know he has the only one. Don't know if you have ever heard about that saw or not but it was a 090 modified with a 10 cube, removable head cylinder.

I had no clue they were sold in Australia.
Commonwealth nations like Canada Australian New Zealand and the UK had a lot of trade together more so then with other countries back in the day. You will see a lot of made in Canada stuff in all these countries from normal tools to chainsaws and firearms idk if things like Inglis(not the modern crap black and decker owns their name now) sold appliances there or not.

Yes, the 270 clutch cover fits. Just some of the logo changed over the years. Top cover definitely doesn't fit. I might possibly have a 275 top cover, unsure of condition.

Crank seals and bearings are easy. 6203C3 open bearings (the originals might be shielded, but leave that crap out), CR6541 seals both sides, and I think the flywheel side crank has an outer dust seal CR6523. Piston rings can be had by size from Hastings. Gaskets you will need to make. Pistons and cylinders and clutches you will be SOL. Fuel tank/handle is the same as a 270, crankcase and flywheel is different. Ignition parts are Wico, just look for part numbers on what you take off.

Chris B.
Yes, the 270 clutch cover fits. Just some of the logo changed over the years. Top cover definitely doesn't fit. I might possibly have a 275 top cover, unsure of condition.

Crank seals and bearings are easy. 6203C3 open bearings (the originals might be shielded, but leave that crap out), CR6541 seals both sides, and I think the flywheel side crank has an outer dust seal CR6523. Piston rings can be had by size from Hastings. Gaskets you will need to make. Pistons and cylinders and clutches you will be SOL. Fuel tank/handle is the same as a 270, crankcase and flywheel is different. Ignition parts are Wico, just look for part numbers on what you take off.

Chris B.
Thanks for the info but on pistons and cylinders you say SOL what do you mean by that im not familar with SOL ..also big end roller needles where is a supplier for then if you know of anywhere by chance
thank you George

Latest posts

Back