Pole Saw- Stihl HT 131- Any thoughts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will likely be purchasing out of necessity.

Anyone use one and if so any thoughts?

Thanks.

We have 2 in our fleet that have made it a few years now with the occasional cosmetic damage but nothing other than that has gone wrong, they haven't even had a valve adjustment yet.

have an HT103. Runs nice and can cut fairly large limbs quickly. A bit on the heavy side if used for extended periods of time because you are always wanting to cut that limb that is just barely in reach.

Avoid doing that so that you can get in a full days work.

Does use a narrow kerf chain that seems to do the job quite well. But, because of narrow cut, watch for pinches. Keep a manual pole saw handy to get you out of a bind. After some use, you'll learn to avoid that problem . . . . mostly.

Anyone use one and if so any thoughts?
Note the way the owner's manual shows how to make a notch on the bottom of the branch using the tip of the bar.

Upon completing a cut up above and at what seems like a safe angle it is possible to have the pole and cutting head get lower than the branch and the branch can slide down the pole right at you.

The angled gearbox might be better suited for cutting flat on top of a hedge than for branch pruning in general. It makes the thing harder to operate.

It does tend to extend itself, the clamp for pole staying put seems insufficient.

Well I have the big husqvarna gas powered polesaw. I have used that way more than I thought I would you will use that machine way more than you know. Enjoy

Regards Tom

Back