Poor advice becoming more common on AS...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They didn't pay $1455. If you go to the listing, click on "3 Sold" you'll see they paid $455.

I see that, but the" buy it now" price says $1,455.00 and once you hit that button- you bought it. I just put one in my cart for the heck of it and it says pay$1455.00. That means 3 people expected to pay the full price.

I see that, but the" buy it now" price says $1,455.00 and once you hit that button- you bought it. I just put one in my cart for the heck of it and it says pay$1455.00. That means 3 people expected to pay the full price.
That doesn't even make sense. How did they pay a thousand dollars less than BIN? [rhetorical question]

That doesn't even make sense. How did they pay a thousand dollars less than BIN? [rhetorical question]

The saw was listed at $455 when the three buyers bought the saws with "Buy it Now". The seller probably only had three of the saws on hand and wanted to keep the ebay listing live. If someone had bought the last saw, the listing would have concluded...then it would have cost the seller more ebay fees to create a new listing. So, he jacked the price up by $1k so that no one in there right mind would buy the last remaining saw, giving himself time to get more in stock, at which time he will lower the price back to down to the less ridiculous price. If someone does click "Buy it Now" at $1455...they are on the hook for that price and the seller has made off like a bandit. See it all the time.

The saw was listed at $455 when the three buyers bought the saws with "Buy it Now". The seller probably only had three of the saws on hand and wanted to keep the ebay listing live. If someone had bought the last saw, the listing would have concluded...then it would have cost the seller more ebay fees to create a new listing. So, he jacked the price up by $1k so that no one in there right mind would buy the last remaining saw, giving himself time to get more in stock, at which time he will lower the price back to down to the less ridiculous price. If someone does click "Buy it Now" at $1455...they are on the hook for that price and the seller has made off like a bandit. See it all the time.
Wow. Nicely done, sir. Now it makes sense.

Just because someone hits the "Buy It Now" at some inflated price doesn't mean that they're on the hook for anything or that the seller is going to make out like a bandit. I've had many a buyer hit the buy it now on one of my items and then I never hear a peep from them and there's not much I can do about it except re-list the item.

Just because someone hits the "Buy It Now" at some inflated price doesn't mean that they're on the hook for anything or that the seller is going to make out like a bandit. I've had many a buyer hit the buy it now on one of my items and then I never hear a peep from them and there's not much I can do about it except re-list the item.

Funny thing, Ebay still wants their "seller's fee"right away, regardless if mister "Buy it Now" pays or not. :dizzy:

Sounds like you've hooked a few yourself :laugh:

Yes lots and lots of horrible advising, assuming and to many people read things more than once and call it fact. I know a little more today about saws and such but when I joined seemed like most people knew more than I did

Aftermarkets please. Man CAN improve on nature's shortcomings. :)

I find most owners of OEM's almost seem resentful of them. While owners of aftermarket improvements seem eager to display them, and show off their new parlor tricks.

Home grown, store bought, who really cares? More about the attitude.

Latest posts

Back