pop up in ported 371xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Would a pop up in a ported Husqvarna 371XP hold up to 2 1/2 to 3 cords of firewood bucking a year?It has a meteor 1 ring piston in it.Can that be machined?What is the most compression I would want for that amount of bucking?I want more power.I want the most I can get and still be reliable.Thanks,woodyman.

Sounds like if you want more power, you need to step up to a 390XP or something similar...a ported 371 should be running pretty good already!

I think in order to do a pop-up on this one you would need to add to that piston and then machine it accordingly, I might be all wet too!!!

:cheers:
Mike

You can machine the base of the barrel and then machine the piston for a popup. You should do this before any timing changes. I don't know if there is any pistons used for popups in the 50mm bore as I only have played with the big bores. Do a search maybe using 372 popup in the advanced search.

You can machine the base of the barrel and then machine the piston for a popup. You should do this before any timing changes. I don't know if there is any pistons used for popups in the 50mm bore as I only have played with the big bores. Do a search maybe using 372 popup in the advanced search.
Thats what I had in mind.I talked to a couple saw builders and they said my port timing should be fine.Still have some more research to do.I don't need more power,I just want it.

Would a pop up in a ported Husqvarna 371XP hold up to 2 1/2 to 3 cords of firewood bucking a year?It has a meteor 1 ring piston in it.Can that be machined?What is the most compression I would want for that amount of bucking?I want more power.I want the most I can get and still be reliable.Thanks,woodyman.

I haven't cut a pop up on a Meteor yet but see no reason why you cant.
Yes you can put a .025-.030 pop up with no issues as long as you run good gas, and most importantly a sharp chain ! a dull chain is a saw killer.
I would recomend not going any more than 180

I haven't cut a pop up on a Meteor yet but see no reason why you cant.
Yes you can put a .025-.030 pop up with no issues as long as you run good gas, and most importantly a sharp chain ! a dull chain is a saw killer.
I would recomend not going any more than 180

So far I've found Meteor has had a thicker crown then the stock counterparts that I've replaced.

Back