Poplar-Rigging-Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This single tree removal extended 4 of us for 4 days….what with travel, preparation, clean-up, resulting in about 6 hours climbing per day. Thankfully a high Rigging-point enabled us to bring the majority of the tree to the favourable side of the back garden, although it was still a fair hike out to the front to the truck and chipper. We had the roofs boarded out down below and set up some planks so to wheel-barrow out the wood. The weather was ok but patience and concentration from everyone was a must for the duration. About 20 minutes to watch both. Thanks

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wb1Xbr-V-U

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaGo69VxZJg

nice videos........nice smooth operation..

glad to see someone putting a helmet cam to good use and showing some skills...

Looking good. Enjoyed watching them. Keep up the good work.

Mr. HE:cool:

You should film when you are rigging up the limbs.

Also, what difference in language you guys have over there. Take for instance when you say " Try to let them drop below me Steve eeh?"

Over here: " Listen you son of a ##### jit stain, let one more of those in my face like that and I will bury the tip of my saw in your skull ."

See the difference?

Nice work, lot of rigging on that one, betcha you were happy to finally get out of that tree. :cheers:

Thank guys

Also, what difference in language you guys have over there. Take for instance when you say " Try to let them drop below me Steve eeh?"

Over here: " Listen you son of a ##### jit stain, let one more of those in my face like that and I will bury the tip of my saw in your skull ."

See the difference?

Dan, Its been noted, thankyou:clap:

Nice Work! that is how its done for sure. tough tree & that was alot of work but pulled off in style. very good quality videos and excellent editing job as well!

Yeah, sick dog as usual Reg.

Question: why the doubled up ropes and false crotches at the end? Was it just because you can with the device, or was it because you feared something would slip out, being you had to go so short with the roof there? I know its not easy doing all that extra rigging with a big saw hanging off of ya.

The zip line (or whatever you call it) with the wood, now that was some advanced rigging. Very nice! :cheers:

Yeah, sick dog as usual Reg.

Question: why the doubled up ropes and false crotches at the end? Was it just because you can with the device, or was it because you feared something would slip out, being you had to go so short with the roof there? I know its not easy doing all that extra rigging with a big saw hanging off of ya.

The zip line (or whatever you call it) with the wood, now that was some advanced rigging. Very nice! :cheers:

Rigging heavy logs in such a way is mighty hard on the ropes, especially around the knots. The double roping takes a little longer to set up but is a far safer and reassuring option than using a single rope. Of course it’s better if you have the distance to let the logs run but such was the case that we had to slow them up quite abruptly as we got nearer to the ground and the logs got heavier. Thanks again.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I like the laynard separator midway up the tree keeping the lowering lines out of the pinch zone. Well thought out lowering idea. :clap:

I like the laynard separator midway up the tree keeping the lowering lines out of the pinch zone. Well thought out lowering idea. :clap:

The 2 re-directs in question are actually D-shackles, positioned on the sling via prussic loops. Works well.

superb. the double lines at the end was very interesting. could position logs on either side as needed. Very impressed. Would have you work at my house.:cheers:

Excellent

I enjoyed every minute of those videos. I would like to see just a little of the rigging work itself. Just a little though. You did an excellent job with the tree and the video. Thank you.

Back