Portawrap w/ bent bollard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA_Arborist

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I used this portawrap for a redirect last week and noticed today the bollard bent from the strain we put on it. Trashed? Still useable? Let me know what y’all think!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
You are doing something terribly wrong to have bent it like that as that part hardly sees any load at all.

.....and that wrongness should be your main concern.
I know how to set a portawrap, but honestly it hasn’t even occurred to me this shouldn’t have been in a bind at all. Now I’m double confused

Any chance this has nothing to do with using it as a redirect? Maybe something happened to it afterwards? That looks like it either got run over or had something large dropped on it....
Probably. I didn’t pull it off or pack it back on the truck. Found it while I reorganized gear, cleaned saws, etc.

I've got one of the stein bollards. We don't use it very often but pulled it out of the truck and it looked like yours. Asked the guys, of course no one knows what happened. Had to have been slammed with a big chunk of wood. We've been using ours with no issues. Nothing was cracked, just bent.

Back