Ported 026 Squish Check

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a question for 026 fans.
Over the years they made it, was there different cylinder, and if so, what to look after?

And no, I am not buying any, lol

Well then, whydoyouask?

The jugs and slugs on the 026 are all the same: 44mm. The very early MS260 saw were also 44mm, but they became 44.7mm soon after the 260 was released. The thing to watch out for on any 026/260 saw are the fixed jet carbs.

Well then, whydoyouask?

The jugs and slugs on the 026 are all the same: 44mm. The very early MS260 saw were also 44mm, but they became 44.7mm soon after the 260 was released. The thing to watch out for on any 026/260 saw are the fixed jet carbs.
i asked because I got one and will give it to my neightbour. 1996 modell, this one have adjustable HL needle.

i asked because I got one and will give it to my neightbour. 1996 modell, this one have adjustable HL needle.

I would be one happy neighbor if I got an 026 from anyone around here. I would slap a Picco low-profile B&C on it and let it scream. They sell that as a kit for the 261 in Europe, but not here in the states.

What part of Norge are you in? My father's family was from a gard down by Stavanger in the south. Most of my cousins are in Bergen or Oslo now.

I would be one happy neighbor if I got an 026 from anyone around here. I would slap a Picco low-profile B&C on it and let it scream. They sell that as a kit for the 261 in Europe, but not here in the states.

What part of Norge are you in? My father's family was from a gard down by Stavanger in the south. Most of my cousins are in Bergen or Oslo now.
I live in southern Norway, on the country side of the city Mandal. distance from where I live to Stavanger is 2,5 hour drive.
This neightbour of me is 70 year old, and he have one old 026 from before. The one I got have a clean cylinder. i will try to fire it up tmr. Perhaps he will use it or perhaps he will use it as part saw

I live in southern Norway, on the country side of the city Mandal. distance from where I live to Stavanger is 2,5 hour drive.
This neightbour of me is 70 year old, and he have one old 026 from before. The one I got have a clean cylinder. i will try to fire it up tmr. Perhaps he will use it or perhaps he will use it as part saw

Ah, you are closer to the old family Gard then, which was in Varhaug. Some in my family were from Egersund.

Nothing like getting an 026 from a neighbor for Christmas. They work fine, even with "only" 160 PSI. New Caber rings from Greece will wake up tired 026 saws nicely.

Ah, you are closer to the old family Gard then, which was in Varhaug. Some in my family were from Egersund.

Nothing like getting an 026 from a neighbor for Christmas. They work fine, even with "only" 160 PSI. New Caber rings from Greece will wake up tired 026 saws nicely.
Egersund is closer to me then Stavanger is.
I"ll do comp test t!mr, to see what condition the 026 is in.
What ebay shop from greece are you speaking about?

Close to the same style chamber with a wide squish band. It lost a lot of weight in the cylinder as well.

How far till the top pops? ;)

Looks as if the transfers are stretched a wee bit.

Latest posts

Back