Ported 066BB and MS460 Gettin' it on in Big Wood - Videos & Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GOL bucking

I did something right and don't even know what I did:rock: What is GOL style bucking?

The Game Of Logging bucking style is what you did on the second cut with the 460. You can just cut the top of the log a little bit then pull saw back with just the bar tip in the wood and go down a little bit then bore back in and though the log. Or you can cut the opposite side of the log on the first step until the saw is almost vertical then pull saw back towards you then go down while making a circle around the log on your side then boring back into the log and cutting down then finishing with the up cut. Also while boring you should try to hit the end of the cut on the other side with the bore cut, then cut down then up.:rockn: :D :)

So out of curiosity, what do you guys not like about the face screens attached to your helmets? Look? Function?

I don't mind that I look like a beekeeper, but it's cumbersome climbing a tree bangin my helmet into it, but when cutting dryish wood I get an eyeful of sawdust through the screen. I like having some facial protection though.

Safety Good. :D

Latest posts

Back