• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Ported and muffler modded 036 PRO for sale!*PRICE DROP*

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

locofrog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
For sale is my ported and muffler modded Stihl 036 pro. Pics of this saw are below. I disassembled the entire saw and meticulously cleaned it and checked out everything. Fuel line and carb kit have already been changed and ethanol hasn't touched them. I've also only run fully synthetic mixing oil in it. The piston and cylinder are the original OEM parts and have not been replaced. Look at the pictures to see how mint they are. The saw comes with a hard nose 20" Oregon bar and chain. This saw is a beast and cuts more like a 70 cc saw than a 60 cc saw. It runs and oils like it should. Compression when I tested it was 158-159 lbs. on 4-5 pulls cold. It has a working decomp valve tho I never used it much. The price is $400.00 neg. if you want to make an offer just pm me.

Thanks,
Loco

Well, how much do you want for it? You have, like, 46 saws! What made you decide to get rid of that particular one?

well honestly if i sell those 2 small huskys forxxxx each then the 036 should be enough to put me over the top money wise. plus i'm a Husky man at heart (and also a Husky Tech)and i'm gonna be replacing the stihl with a similar sized saw in a different color. all seems well with that idea. As far as how much i'm not sure yet. similar shape saws not ported are going for xxxxxxxx on evil bay. i'll put it on here first though to give AS members first shot. then probably ebay if nobody picks it up.

there is actually the build thread on here somewhere. just search for 036 pro in threads started by me. if not i'll post some today.

loco

I was actually not trying to make this a for sale thread and don't intend to do so. I was asking for advice on what I should do.

Loco

Sorry it took so long guys but I just got off. Here is some quick pics, I had to bring her inside because it started to rain. This is a really clean saw with a woods port and a muffler mod. She wears a 20" Oregon hard nose bar and chain. I only had time to do one compression pull on it at work while on my lunch break and she blew a hair under 160 lbs. you can see the piston and cylinder is in pristine condition and believe it or not it's the originals. You can still see machining marks on that piston. I rebuilt the carb and replaced fuel lines when I did the port work. I did a ton of work to this saw and cut firewood with it some this winter. The d-handle was added for a cutting expo at the county fair(didn't know I'd have to run against alcohol and pipe saws lol). Was fun though. I still have the original handle in my shop I think. I really like this saw and already regret letting her go. I know these saws in good shape sell for up around 400 on evilbay unported so I guess I'll entertain reasonable offers around that. The saw will also be for sale locally but I'll try to post immediately if someone buys it local. If it doesn't sale in a few days I may put it on ebay.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Back