• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Ported MS361 Reduced to $625 shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe I have the videos uploaded to youtube, my fiancé is on my ass to watch a movie with her. I just found a short break to try to get things posted, sorry for starting a thread I couldn't finish but you know how women are...

I believe I have the videos uploaded to youtube, my fiancé is on my ass to watch a movie with her. I just found a short break to try to get things posted, sorry for starting a thread I couldn't finish but you know how women are...

Which is which and I'll post the vids

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just wait til she gets that ring on her finger..... that's when it really gets interesting.;) Add a couple kids in there and it is "game over". :buttkick:

Moody sent me a message saying he would buy the one that he ported off of me, at the moment only the saw on the right is for sale. I have more photos but my phone died and I have a movie to watch. I will post more in the future. PM me for questions.

Moody sent me a message saying he would buy the one that he ported off of me.

I've always liked 361's and there's still power to be had in that saw. It was a new critter and finding my own numbers has a learning curve but that's what makes it fun.

Good eye! Saw has no decomp. My brother and I have never been a fan of decomp's on small saws. Actually anythng under 85cc or so. Decomps typically develope a small leak over time and we just plug them off and give them a good yank...lol

Moodys saw looked strong for sure. The 361 my brother ported was very strong as far a torque. It is stronger as far as torque than some ported 562's I have ran but maybe a tick slower. The 361 my brother done isa heck of a worksaw. Now you got me wanting to buy it back...lol.

I timed them both and all the cuts were in the .ow 10.xx second range on both for the most part.

I timed them both and all the cuts were in the .ow 10.xx second range on both for the most part.

The only noticeable difference between the two were Bells had a good amount more compression and some more run time. The one I ported turns a few more RPMs and may have a tank through it and the timing isn't advanced.

I am happy my brothers saw ran close to moodys....moody has been turning out some really good work. Brents saw has base gasket delete but no squish band cut. He built it for me as a firewood saw. I needed some money for pulling parts and sold it...lo. moody...do u feel the 361's have more grunt than the 562's?

I am happy my brothers saw ran close to moodys....moody has been turning out some really good work. Brents saw has base gasket delete but no squish band cut. He built it for me as a firewood saw. I needed some money for pulling parts and sold it...lo. moody...do u feel the 361's have more grunt than the 562's?

Grunt is debatable really. With the 361 having no limiting factors you can do a little bit more with them. The difference shouldn't be big but the 562s are just faster. Chain speed is where it's at. Torque is very important but if you can't get chain speed up your cut times won't show much difference. Some guys think pushing a saw makes it faster and it really doesn't. What makes the saw seem faster is when you pull it into its peak power band and let a nice chain pull you through the wood. The great equalizer is a saw with good torque will pull a more aggressive chain. But in hardwoods you can only be so aggressive unless you want to make 3 fast cuts and grab a file. There's a happy medium and the 562 meets that standard.

Latest posts

Back