Ported Stihl 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure what is going on with the pics. I loaded them to AS, and so AS is linked to AS. I know in the past I have gotten red X's when I wasn't logged in to the site.

In searching through the embedded links, I noticed that the video is not correct either. I tried a new plugin for uploading to YouTube from my movie editor, instead of doing it directly. For some reason, sections of my video were not uploaded.

This is the correct video. I will change the original link too.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-2j39EMGCw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-2j39EMGCw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here are the official cut times:

stock 7 pin: 4.2, 4.0, 4.4 - 4.2 avg
ported 7 pin: 2.9, 2.9, 2.7 - 2.83 avg
ported 8 pin: 2.5, 2.4, 2.5 - 2.45 avg

ported 7 = 33% faster
ported 8 = 42% faster

Yeah, Brad was posing for us with his girly pink lemonade, hence the little finger. Brad: I'll take it down if you want; just had to give ya a little innocent ribbing ;)

Sounds like you guys did a great job. The modded 441 is a great chainsaw, and its good to see more people taking advantage of it.

I too, can't see the photos, but the video is very nice.

Sam

ASS is Linked to ASS thats funny. i can see the pics
great thread great lookin build. i havent watched the vid yet because i cant do it with sound right now:cheers:

Congrats on the saw Wild Knight! It looks great in the video, i can't see the pics. There is some magic in those 441s, and once they are ported.....look out! They are just soooooo heavy!LOL I am not much for racing, but it does kinda make you want to go eat some of those "legendary" good ol' 70cc saws for lunch, don't it? And you still get more cuts per tank! LOL:cheers:

I see the pics they look good.

brad seems out of place for some reason almost like hes at some computer meeting wishing he was there

Was hoping the picture issue was my home computer, but I can't see them at work either...:confused:

I am not sure what is going on with the pics. I loaded them to AS, and so AS is linked to AS. I know in the past I have gotten red X's when I wasn't logged in to the site.

In searching through the embedded links, I noticed that the video is not correct either. I tried a new plugin for uploading to YouTube from my movie editor, instead of doing it directly. For some reason, sections of my video were not uploaded.

This is the correct video. I will change the original link too.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-2j39EMGCw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-2j39EMGCw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here are the official cut times:

stock 7 pin: 4.2, 4.0, 4.4 - 4.2 avg
ported 7 pin: 2.9, 2.9, 2.7 - 2.83 avg
ported 8 pin: 2.5, 2.4, 2.5 - 2.45 avg

ported 7 = 33% faster
ported 8 = 42% faster

That thing is just nasty, I think my 372 would need a pop up to keep up with that beast.:cheers:

That is an awesome saw! With that much work done on it, will there be any logevity issues? I know that is probably irrelevant to those of you who are real good at saw building, but for me it would be a legitimate question. That is geat talent at work.:clap::cheers:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know you guys aren't from Ohio, but we claim ya anyway:greenchainsaw:

Hey now. I bleed scarlet and grey. Lived in Ohio for the first 25 years of my life.

I am game for either. If the NY posse comes down here though, the rest of the crew can play too.

Latest posts

Back