Porter-Cable nearly completed (pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gearhead1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is the same saw sitting on the same tailgate, as the pictures I posted one week ago. I have completed all necessary repainting, rebuilt the carburetor, and even honed the cylinder a bit. Of course it won't run yet, because I'm still trying to sort out how to deal with the ignition coil, but it looks good for a wall hanger right now. The chrome on the handle was too poor to clean up, so I cleaned off the rust and painted it silver metallic.

Very cool. I wanted one of those from the first time I saw one. I am left handed and seek out left handed items, you know notebooks, clocks that spin backwards, 'wrong way' corkscrews, that sort of thing.

F-stang, this model was introduced in 1958. For more information about it, check out my original thread "Yikes! This followed me home.", which is probably buried a few pages back by now. There are some "before" pictures posted there too.

Thanks for the compliments from all of you guys. :)

GH1, nice job on the saw, good luck with the coil.

Paul, let me know if you need/want a lefty guitar (augh! the software won't let me use the headbanging smiley).

Back