Porting a Poulan 25da

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds real good but there is still some left in it.

Thank you and I completely agree. I've certainly got some tuning work and a few other items. I flat ran out of time before I had to leave town. I certainly exposed any short-comings as these videos are prior to vetting.

I need to look at the timing, fix the kill switch, fix the fuel cap, and upgrade the cutting hardware for starters.

On the tuning, it was turning nearly 10,000 out of wood. I really don't know what the goal is. The 200t was at 13,400 out of wood, and like Brad said, it was pig rich.

As for the spitback through the carb, don't worry about it.
It is just the nature of the beast.
I've never seen one yet that didn't do it.

Mike

Here are my thoughts on the Boysen reeds. When you get spitback that is pressure lost (sorta like freeporting) that could be used for more optimal cylinder filling. With the Boysen reeds they APPEAR to actually open sooner and close faster (more effectively) and in turn will INCREASE intake duration with better cylinder fill.

I'm not saying I'm right but that is just a dumb country boy thinking out loud. If I am wrong please explain to me why.

Here are my thoughts on the Boysen reeds. When you get spitback that is pressure lost (sorta like freeporting) that could be used for more optimal cylinder filling. With the Boysen reeds they APPEAR to actually open sooner and close faster (more effectively) and in turn will INCREASE intake duration with better cylinder fill.

I'm not saying I'm right but that is just a dumb country boy thinking out loud. If I am wrong please explain to me why.

With the stiffer material you get more accurate timing. Stock reeds tend to float at the higher rpms and get sloppy.

Mines left over from dirt bike days. But if I remember right you can order sheets direct from Boysen.

What thickness? I have to replace the reeds in my sled every other season so I could use the old ones... if I remember where I put them.

I would think a stiffer reed would also help it's throttle response and holding a tune. I've noticed that they get pretty rich in sections of the power band where the spitback it bad.

Where do you get the reed material?

What thickness? I have to replace the reeds in my sled every other season so I could use the old ones... if I remember where I put them.

I would think a stiffer reed would also help it's throttle response and holding a tune. I've noticed that they get pretty rich in sections of the power band where the spitback it bad.

Send an email to Boysen. You will have to answer a few questions and possibly send some dimensions but they will have it in the 2 stage reeds. The lady that answers the emails is very nice and eager to help, she is what customer service is all about.

Latest posts

Back